Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is an annual parking permit that can be purchased like at the National Parks? I don't know of any, nor have I seen anyone else with one, so my biggest question is - why not?

Do they make more money making you buy them every time, especially when they can snag you not displaying it "properly"?

What organization can we petition to try to get this done. I would think that us regular fishermen/boaters would have some clout if we put our minds to it. This would solve the unfair ticketing practices and hassles.

By the way, I don't want to encourage anyone to not pay their fines, because that would encourage people to not pay the fee at all and then ignore the fine. Please fight the ticket the more honest way if you can prove you had the permit. While I do not know what the money is used for, I am sure it is desperately needed to fund the state parks in some way.

·
Registered
911 Posts
????

What type permit are you looking for ? The Tonto Nat'l Forest sticker is good at Sag, Canyon, Apache, Roosevelt and Bartlett. It costs about $90. They also sell one for Lake Un-Pleasant but I think that one is a small fortune and you need Del's pre-approval.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
i know that pleasant harbor has a yearly pass for 200 bucks. its only cheaper if you go more than 33 times a year. and its only good at pleasant harbor only.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Champ.204 and Brown Dog. Where do I get the Tonto NF sticker, and do you know if it is good for your truck AND boat/trailer?

I think it would be worth the $90, especially to save the hassles.

G

·
The Mesa office is off of higley just south of Mckellips. The are closed New Year's Day. Great news for anyone that has a disability the annual fee is only 30.00 just picked mine up today. A disability doesn't mean fishing out of a float tube.

2Dogs

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Do the Tonto National Forest parking stickers for Canyon, Saguaro, and Apache cover from purchase date + 12 months or are they a yearly sticker (e.g. Jan 2003 thru Dec 2004)? I think it must be the latter as the sticker has "2003 Annual Pass" on it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
They are good for one year from purchase date. Last year was the start of this policy.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Actually, it's one year from the purchase month. I got mine Dec. 19th. It's good through Dec. 31st of next year. The old way was a lot simpler for us fishermen!

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Art - You're still speaking of the old pass. If you have a 2003 "annual"pass it expires today. If you get a new one Friday (Jan 2) for 2004 it ought to be good through Jan 31, 2005. This is the way the gal explained it to me at the Mesa office. The new stickers have the 12 months abbreviated on them and they hole punch the month yours expires. You also have to display the golden eagle pass from your rear view mirror that has your name on it now.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
That was just as I had expected. My 2003 Annual Pass is good only for 2003. It expires today. There were no mention of month-of-the-year on my sticker. I'll have to get 2004 sticker next Monday, Jan 5th.

G

·
mcdowell office doesn't have 2004 permits yet

:shock: I stopped by the Mcdowell and 20th st office TNF last week,they didnt have 2004 permits yet,said they would have them jan 2nd. I asked about the permits that mesa office is selling (good from date of purchase) they knew nothing about it and said the only permit sold was year to year?? remember last year the printer went out of buisness and they didnt have the permits till febuary and they honored the old permits till then. My 2003 permit says for 2003 only no date of expiration etc. I am getting more confused each day. (could it be the federal government :?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts