AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the last Baja Tourney for the year Sunday. We started off fairly early with 2 fish just under 2 pounds (first 20 minutes on the water). Both fish were caught flipping pig-n-jigs. Mine was a Willy Wacker Jig with a Yammamoto Twin Tail grub (watermelon color). After that, it slowed some but fish were caught throughout the morning on Senko's (green colors) right off of the reeds and not far from the banks. I think we boated 6 or 7 fish for the day. I didn't have any luck with Robo Worms for some reason. I didn't see any topwater action to speak of but I was ready for the boils with a super fluke, senko and live pointer - you can tell how I like to fish that lake...

I really enjoyed fishing the Baja Tourneys this year and can't wait until they start again next year. If anyone is interested in trying their luck at tournament fishing but doesn't want to commit to a club, this might just be the ticket for you. All tournaments are at Lake Patagonia, just North of Nogales, AZ. These tournaments are a lot of fun and you don't have to be a "pro" to fish them. They're a "Big Bass" tournament so each team only weighs their biggest fish. This levels out the playing field and gives everyone a shot at catching the winning toad. Everyone has a chance to win and everyone has the chance to learn. Thanks BAJA!!!
Skunked

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
It's about 3 hrs from Gilbert so go on down! I'll see you next year, might be a little cold in march but those summer tourney's werent bad weather wise. Fishing a little tough for me this time around but well worth the drive no less. Good luck Ray, C-ya up here soon eh! Chris

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool Chris, I'm glad to hear you'll be down again next year. I hope to get up to Sag someday soon! Maybe I'll drag one of the other Tucson guys up with me. They can help keep me awake for the drive. Glad to hear you made it back OK. I meant send you an email just to check.

I forgot to add a big THANKS to your friend Kevin for helping me choose some jigs. I actually had some luck flipping the toolies for once. It seems that one of the biggest fish were caught on one of the jigs he told me about. Maybe I can drag Kevin up to Sag someday to fish with the rest of the gang?

C’ya!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
he's actually moving up here in November but he'll go whenever! He told me that he did well dS and cranking so I was doing spring cleaning and I only took what he said was working. No jigs no spinners nothing. That hurts but I still managed fish. I have a guy who is going to fish them next year so it should be fun! Dont tell Kevin it'll go to his head!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts