Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to the WINNERS and thanks to all for coming out and making it another great tournament.

First Place Team Ri and Shan. Nice job guys.

Second Place Team Dennis. Nice job for being on one leg.

Third Place Team Marty and John. Another good bag guys good job

Forth Place Team Dave and Julie. Nice job guys and nice of you julie to let dave hold the big fish.

Big Fish winners Chris and Adam. Nice fish Chris.

Third Place Big Fish winners Brian and Pat. Nice job guys.

Place..Team.............................BF.......BF$.....Total.Wt.....WINNNINGS
1.Ri Nay & Shan Pettit.............5.72................15.71.........$900
2.Dennis Cleary......................5.92................12.29.........$525
3.Marty Henrickson & John Wier.5.55...............11.43.........$225
4.Dave & Julie Haraway............7.30......$160...10.27.........$310
5.Chris & Adam Chlup...............7.76......$240...10.23.........$240
6.Eddie Morales & Brandon Stephens................9.24
7.Vu & Thoa Au...........................................9.16
8.Pat Molloy & Brian White.....................$100.8.84............$100
9.Dave Stachowski & Tim Clay........................7.61
10.Mike Randolph & Chuck Wagner...................6.94

Once again thanks to everyone coming out and making it another awsome tournment.

next one is September 26 Safelight to 2pm

Dont miss our last thursday nighter this week.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks again Patrick and Ri for another great tourney. Can't say enough good things about the bunch we have fishin these. Thanks also to Marty and John for the idea to keep my fish alive. Didn't have the heavy jigs but some parachute cord and a couple pair of needle nose pliers did the trick to weight her down and keep her upright did.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Didn't have the heavy jigs but some parachute cord and a couple pair of needle nose pliers did the trick to weight her down and keep her upright did.
Hmm, I don't have a boat=no livewell experience, but I'm curious about the fish keeping tip and heavy jig thing. Just curious and I'm sure everyone can benefit from a keeping-a-fish-alive tip.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hmm, I don't have a boat=no livewell experience, but I'm curious about the fish keeping tip and heavy jig thing. Just curious and I'm sure everyone can benefit from a keeping-a-fish-alive tip.
Hmmmmm? Not sure what this means exactly?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm saying that I understand enough to know that if a fish isn't getting itself upright, then you need to right it in order to help it survive better. I've seen the posts on the little clips, and I'm just wondering how the heavy jigs were going to be implemented had they had them, and how the paracord and needle-nose were implemented to help keep the fish upright. Didn't think that was unclear...

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you don't have the weighted clips to attach to the fin on the bottom near their tail fin you can use some heavy jigs instead to keep them righted. I had neither the clips or jigs heavy enough without adding like half a dozen of them. After sitting at my livewell manually holding the fish upright I thought to take one of my cull tags that are made of parachute cord or 550 cord and those stringer clips and ran the stringer clip through her fin and tied 2 pair of needle nose pliers with about an inch of cord between the pliers and the clip that was attached to her fin. The pliers had enough weight to keep her upright and when I released her she was in much better shape than when I caught her. Also wanted to say thanks to the guys at the weigh in line to allow me to go to the front and get her weighed and released quickly.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
congrats to the winners. nice job. seems like everyone had a big fish to weight thats great. thanks again patrick and ri.

Patrick can you send me the picture of pops and i to [email protected]. thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
perfect example why Ri and i will not wiegh in dead fish...if you make a little effort to keep a fish alive thats all they need. Ri and I really appriciate the efforts from all of you guys keep the fish alive. We think that is the most important part of tournament fishing and what should be all about......I had just a 3lber go belly up on me and i spent 5 min putting ice, reveg and reving it and the fish was good and strong from there.

thanks guys keep it up it realy makes us happy not seeing any dead fish at the weigh ins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts