Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Patty tonight to do some catfishing. Any tips would be apreciated. What bait to use and where to set up. I most likely will not be taking my boat out tonight. Thanks

·
Undergoing attitude adjustment
1,806 Posts
try the cove over by the beach area it looks ideal for big kitties and for bait use shrimp, liver, hotdog, and nightcrawlers hope this help by the way nice avator.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Go to Ash Canyon and on the right just past reed Island park against the reed and throw in that area there is a deep hole that holds a good bit of Channel Cats or anywhere along the damn. I usually use hot dogs.

·
Registered
846 Posts
For Channels the best spot is across west of the swim area where the big oak/elm tree is at. There's a shelf there that drops pretty good, have killed them ther using worms and hotdogs. For flats outside of deep cove along the rubble and submerged trees. Last time I seriously catfished there I caught a nice channel on a live bluegill, I wigged out. Net or catch some bluegill keep them lively and you've got flathead candy. Good luck!

·
Undergoing attitude adjustment
1,806 Posts
For Channels the best spot is across west of the swim area where the big oak/elm tree is at. There's a shelf there that drops pretty good, have killed them ther using worms and hotdogs. For flats outside of deep cove along the rubble and submerged trees. Last time I seriously catfished there I caught a nice channel on a live bluegill, I wigged out. Net or catch some bluegill keep them lively and you've got flathead candy. Good luck!

exactly where your talking about flatheads is where i got the 7.5lb flathead bass fishin with a senko.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts