Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holidays from Kick'n Bass to you. May we have Peace on Earth and stop all the killing. I hope this Christmas passes with no terror alerts or any planes crashing into the USA. Peace on earth and goodwill towards man. God Bless. Cosmic> :D

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Amen Cos! Merry Christmas to you and your family and a happy successful New Year for KNB.

Since you're the Scentmeister here's a short story for you. You're aware that smells are one of the strongest triggers of memory? My wife just recieved a small gift of candles from a friend and one of the candle scents was called "Christmas Memories". I asked her if it smelled like a Lionel train running under a christmas tree. If you had trains as a boy, you know that smell. To me, that's the smell that reminds me of Christmas morning. And if you had trains, by now you're remembering all those Christmases.

G

·
Thats Cool Denny.....I remember that smell too and the memories that go with them. Thats the Christmas spirit alive & well.

Dan

·
Registered
911 Posts
Good Memory Denny.

My dad has his father's Lionel trains set up in his garage.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
To bad kids dont get trains any more. Seems it skateboards,electronic toys,BB guns and Playstations. And we wonder whats wrong with the kids today??? hmmmmm makes ya wonder.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have my train set up under the tree. Wife thinks she makes me do it every year. Wait till she forgets to ask :lol: I guess we are giving away our age here :oops:

·
Registered
997 Posts
When I was a kid, my Dad bought a Lionel train set for me. I still have it. He made a huge track upstairs that took up a whole wall. When we weren't playing with it, it folded back up into the wall. It was complete with paper mache tunnels, painted lakes, etc. I still have the trains and won't ever part with em, but the other stuff was too big to move, so it stayed with the house when we moved to Az. My Mom painted a Christmas village and I set the train up to run around her village the last Christmas she was still with us. Awesome memories.

·
Registered
404 Posts
trains

I still have old lionell trains the huge ones that are worth a fortune. The old santa fe with the coal car and the baby ruth car the log car all of them with the working lights and the house. All displayed, with the boxes. That poor train went through hell with me as a kid and it still works. I used to run it at top speed and run it off the track or untill my parents could smell the transformer box starting to burn. Yep those are great memories, even the shocks you got when the tain was close lol.

Merry Christmas all, shhhh is that Santa comming?????

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Who could ever forget that smell??? I had one that wasn't very big and we had it mounted on an old door that we had laying around. I also had the AFX race tracks with the AFX Racing team, A.J. Foyt, Jackie Stewart and The King, Richard Petty. Those had that same smell to them. I think the only thing that smells better to me is the smell of Garlic Kick-N-Bass on the lips of a 12 pounder. ...or so I hear, I'm stuck at 6 pounds...

Anyway....
Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts