1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The Pike would go after every species of fish in there including smb & lmb. They thrive in warm water as they are not considered a "deep water" fish. They would also multiple at an astounding rate and become the top predator species. One species however would be an option for controlling stripers. The Tiger [hybrid] Musky. Because the smaller stripers run in huge schools, they would attract the attention of the Musky. Also, the Tigers cannot reproduce and would not be able to take over a lake.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
So how many are in there? :1popcorn:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Actually, years ago when they discovered Pike in Parker Canyon lake the game and fish was preaching doom and gloom and that in a very short time there wouldn't be anything but Pike in that lake. Hasn't happened, bluegill still top predator in that lake and have never ever been able to pull a Pike out of that stupid lake.

·
Resident Spammer
1,907 Posts
Favorite Diving Hardbait: Rat-L-Trap

Color: Chrome
Weight: 1 oz.
Details: “Put me anywhere in the U.S. for pike and I’m bringing my Rat-L-Trap. You can work these lures at any depth in the water column, fast or slow. They’re just as versatile as you can get and pike slam them. I never get rid of a Rat-L-Trap that the pike have beaten up. Actually, once a little of the chrome peels off, exposing those subtle white spots underneath, I catch more with it. I guess it looks even more like a natural baitfish.”

http://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...h/2009/02/favorite-lures-northern-pike-guides

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1206849&type=story

·
Registered
270 Posts
Actually, years ago when they discovered Pike in Parker Canyon lake the game and fish was preaching doom and gloom and that in a very short time there wouldn't be anything but Pike in that lake. Hasn't happened, bluegill still top predator in that lake and have never ever been able to pull a Pike out of that stupid lake.
parker canyon is good.....so good.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Color: Chrome
Weight: 1 oz.
Details: “Put me anywhere in the U.S. for pike and I’m bringing my Rat-L-Trap. You can work these lures at any depth in the water column, fast or slow. They’re just as versatile as you can get and pike slam them. I never get rid of a Rat-L-Trap that the pike have beaten up. Actually, once a little of the chrome peels off, exposing those subtle white spots underneath, I catch more with it. I guess it looks even more like a natural baitfish.”

http://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...h/2009/02/favorite-lures-northern-pike-guides

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1206849&type=story

WOW more spam gotta love it, you would think you would write something on your own for a change instead of copying and pasteing, theres always hope for you :beatingdeadhorse:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Pike in parker canyon lake were a huge problem years ago, guys were catching them buy the 50-100's in a day. , when they were first discovered they were catching just a few a day, the next year commmon for 10-20 a day then 2 years later you couldnt keep from not cacthing them, it died off or slowd down a little bit a year or 2 ago.

some guys were talking about it on this forum,

one question I have is were the hell is parker canyon lake? for some reason I thought is was on the colorado river.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow I wasn't aware that people were pulling pike out in those numbers. I really tried for a long time to pull Pike out of that lake I caught a lot of bass plenty of trout in the winter and even a couple of catfish but never a Pike. I must have been doing something wrong. Actually I wouldn't mind if Parker were a Pike fishery like lake Mary it would give us something different to do down here and they could still throw trout in there in the winter.

On a side note I haven't had too much luck with catfish there in the past few years either they were all small and not very common. That lake does weird things.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Did a search for the history of parker canyon [timeline results] and it was in "2000" when it was reported that the pike were eating everything in the lake. In "02" an advisory was put out for the consumption of Bass and Pike because of high mercury levels. It's all possible nature balanced out the problem.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts