Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pinpoint 7520 graph and i need a bracket,t.m. transducer and a power cord . does any body know the cheapist place to purchase these parts? i called around localy and was quoted around 150 bucks. but that sounds a bit high . i would appriciate any help.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have a puck mount for the trolling motor with a break in the wire was going to have it repaired but don't need to anymore, if you want it you can have it, you don't need a bracket just a hose clamp.

2dogs

call me at 480-827-9598 dave

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The local repair shop for Pinpoint is in Dallas Texas. I have gotten parts from them. If you would like their details, I will hunt it down tonight and email you tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
All Star Marine- 1-800-362-3790. You can find them on the website by using "All Star Marine" They have a variety of electronic. They must have moved though because they are at 3434a Dilido- Dallas, Texas. That address isn't the same one I sent my pin point to before.
Let me know if this isn't the place.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I am assuming you are mounting the transducer on the transom. If not, you don't need all that extra stuff. Why not just adhere it to the floor on the inside of your boat. You won't need any mounting parts then.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The one for the trolling motor won't need a bracket. The one for the trolling motor is rounded on one end and and they supply a large hose type clamp. Piece of cake. Make sure you order the right transducer.

G

·
Pinpoint 7520

Shortly after the "In Synch" technology was introduced, I bought two 7520's and networked them together to do the split screen front/back feature.....well, to make a long story short, I went through a total of 8 units before I became so fed up and sent the stuff back and bought lowrance. Wish I could run both of my X-15's together without the dual frequency x-ducer, but the resolution is really nice on the 15's...I guess ya can't have everything.

Anyway, I know I'm off the subject of your post and I didn't post this with the intention of bashing you or any pinpoint owners...just wanted to share that bit of the story.

BassTrix

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Bass trix. I have had similar fun with Pin Point. I wished I would have bought something else, but after spending that much coin, I plan on using it for a while. I had to send it in for repairs a few times. I ended up with an extra transducer and mounted that one in back. How did you get a split screen that reads both front and back. I have only figured out how to look at one at a time.

G

·
Split Screen

Spidey,

I had a network cable that linked the two units together. Once that link is made, additoinal menu choices showed up (least that's how I recall it). Anyway, the network cable was the key.

Good Luck

BassTrix

G

·
Lowrance X-15

BTW, my experience with Lowrance has NOT been trouble free. I will have had my two X-15's for 2 years in May and am going on my 4th transducer replacement (3 on the trolling motor, one replaced in the hull). I've talked to one of the development engineers at Lowrance and he can't offer an explanation as to why I'm having so many failures.

Have any of you experienced transducer failures with the X-15 sonars? Basically the unit gradually loses sensitivity until it becomes unable to lock in the depth after an abrupt change in the bottom.....as it progresses, the depth at which I see arches decreases until the lake basically looks barren of life. Right now I'm only able to see fish at 20' or less....I just ordered a new transducer today :D

Regards,

BassTrix

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
I just replaced the transducer on my X-16. It was intermittently losing its sensitivity and then coming back. Like someone turning the sensitivity setting down 20% off and on. The new transducers seem to be problematic. Lowrance sent me a new one and it only took a few days. I rerouted the cable this time to avoid any possibility of kinking the wire and used only electrical tape to hold it to the TM shaft. Cable ties are convenient to use but can also pinch the cable and cause the ground shield to touch the center coax conductor. So don't use them on your transducer cable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.