Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone do it or do you know anyone that does this? I need to get two nasty holes fixed in my boat.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
i did this for about 15-20 years building plastic tanks and repairing them you must use the right plastic cant mix match pm me

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Like Delw said, it' really depends on the materail. It's probably polypro in which case welding is a good way to go. You can try Philip's Plastics off of 40th St and Roeser (sp?). They will fix it with a professional grade version of what jkole posted.

It it's PVC or ABS is can be glued and reinforced with fiberglass cloth....really need to know the material.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Actually, polyethylene is what I meant to say in my post above, not polypro. Practically nothing will stick to that stuff.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What type of plastic, there are many fix's for this from commercial plastic supply house's in the valley.

Plastic welding is usually called ultrasonic welding, very few people have the equipment. its pretty cool how it fuses plastic together.

Delw
Del - I need welding done on RAMX. The boat has two nasty holes on the stern, my idea of jb weld and fiber glass is not going to cut it. Figured welding a couple of patches on the back is what I need.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Hey dude I do some of this stuff at work, I could fix it for you but I need to know what type of plastic...if its polyethylene I can do it....any other type like was already said a fiberglass patch,filler or glue works well.....

I just ****ed up my buddys Saturn(I fixed it though) so Im not the best at it:biggrin:
Franklyn, the Saturn is ABS, no?

·
Registered
331 Posts
RAMX

Is it a coleman? Duct-Tape will get you by better than you think in a pinch, until you can fix it properly. Coleman used to sell patch kits that you welded holes with in the RAMX, but it's tough to find them anymore.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is it a coleman? Duct-Tape will get you by better than you think in a pinch, until you can fix it properly. Coleman used to sell patch kits that you welded holes with in the RAMX, but it's tough to find them anymore.
Pelican - but it's RAMX. I'll have to look for one of those patch kits, these holes are pretty bad though.... 1-2" long by 1/4" wide.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts