Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
yep

Yep, and of course he is holding the fish at arms length to make it look bigger, why do people do that. I hold them close so people can see how big they are without exageration.

G

·
actually he lives on toledo bend now. he moved from mineola to run the shop on toledo bend. atleast that is what i heard.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
try 98-99 and dont forget your talking about Ben Matzubu now.

G

·
I'm sure that fish is on someones wall now........

Probably won somebody some money during Bill Luke :p

Franklin

G

·
Why do you all think that bass came from Pleasant? Its on a site called fishing Mexico and the title of the picture is Ben-Baccarac-bass.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PROBALY BECAUSE I KNEW BENNY MATZUBU AND I REMEBER THAT FISH its not mexico gary put that on his web site to promote mexico trips thats all. benny caught that fish on pleasant on a yamamoto jig

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I have been to lake Baccarac, it is an arid jungle enviroment. they do not have saguaros there either. that picture is pleasant. they do have some pretty lush fields of hippy grass growing up in the river though??????????

G

·
How big is that bass? Is that up Castle Creek? If not where was that caught? (Come on Del, give up the spots!) :lol:

G

·
Pleasant bass

A Lake Pleasant bass to promote fishing at Lake Baccarac. I'd say that definitely qualifies as false advertising.

Carpio

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
15 lbs is possible for that fish. I enlarged the picture, and based on the length of his pinkie from the middle knuckle to the tip of the pinkie that fish is 14 pinkies long. My pinkie is about 2 inches long.
So that fish could have been 28" long. I contacted a local big bass expert and he says a 26"-28" long bass is about 15+ lbs.

I've gotta get a life huh?

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats right my 16 lb 12 oz bass i caught on martinez lake measured 281/4 inches long . now that fish went to the taxidermist because she died when i was having her weighed on a certified scale.only 3 oz under breaking the az colorado river record.the current record is a 16lb14oz that dale caught on the river.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts