Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody said they were pumping water into Pleasant.
How is that done and to where in the lake is it pumped? :?:

G

·
the water is from the CAP and is pumped across the desert from the Colorado River. the water enters the lake at the base of the tower by the dam. It makes the water gin clear but doesn't pick up any nurtients in the concrete ditch. You can talk about pressure and the stripers all you want, but it's my simple minded opinion that Pleasant is not the producer that Sag. is because of this. However it is still the closest water to my driveway! (and soon to be even closer) -Dryheat

G

·
They have a whole bunch of layed off workers with long straws sitting on the dam....

Its done at the dam on the south west end. With pumps

They been doing it since last friday night.
about 5"-10" a day right now

Delw

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Dryheat- I agree with you 100% on the nutrient robbing CAP water affecting Pleasant. Whatever nutrients were produced in the lake or added to the lake via the Agua Fria this year went up and over the dam since June as CAP used the gin clear water it deposited last fall and winter. That factor and the rising/falling water cycle doesn't allow weed growth like Saguaro has.

Delw, the lake is up 1.3 feet since Sunday, only about 5" per day but then they haven't cranked the pumps up yet.

Bill Lumburg, the water being pumped into Pleasant is gin clear and probably 10 degrees colder than the lake water. (I'm guessing and need to check but its normally colder water) We'll start seeing a bigger temperature differential between the N. and S. ends of the lake. Add to that the current in the lake is now reversed. It was N. to S. all summer and its now S. to N. Then you add the opposing current from the morning N. winds and the helping current from the afternoon S. winds. We all know current positions the fish on structure Toss in the normal weather factors, changing seasons, lunar effect, and girls fishing in yellow bikinis and its a heck of a nut to crack. Yes they do this every year and my opinion on whether its going to turn the fishing on is "your guess is as good as mine". The only way to find out is go fish it!

G

·
But if there are half naked GOOD LOOKING women in bikinis, thats all the more reason to find out how this changes the fishing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts