Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog-Fish and I started off in Bass Bay looking for the topwater bite. We each got a couple of 1-1/2 to 2 pounders on spooks close to shore and I foul hooked a smaller bass, but could not find the boil action that usually happens this time of year. We moved to the river and I nailed a decent 2 pounder on a Senko which I rigged myself. :) We each had a couple more bites on Senkos but no more takers. There were some boils going on in the river but when we went to investigate we found them to be mice largemouths that were smaller then the rico I threw at them.

Does anybody know why these fish are still this small at this time of year. :?: :?:

G

·
Westy.
Ive noticed that at pleasant this year as well. litterally 1000's of bass 1"-6" swimming around. I am guessing to a late spawn or there is so much food in the water they are not all in a few spots.

Also if you remember right the last 2-3 years the water at pleasant has been crystal clear this year it hasnt been.
Also from the look of it, it looks like we had a huge spawn this year.

I have also noticed that the fish we are catching are extreamly fat in certain spots of the lake, and in others they are just standard skinny lake pleasant bass.

Delw

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Delw - keep track of the areas those fatter fish are coming from. I'm thinking those are the areas there are more shad to feed on??? :roll:

G

·
Bayou.

most of the fatter fish are coming from the main lake and a select few coves, castle still has rats and so does coles(for the most part )

there are tons of shad in the whole lake. you almost cut them up with your prop in some areas.

Delw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts