Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going out there tomorrow for a quick run before it gets too crazy??

Have the fish started to boil yet?? I'm tied up for topwater only and going to cover some serious water in 4 hours and get the heck out of there!!

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fish were on the surface past the no ski bouys and no wake bouys, over 35' of water and close to the bank- kinda all over the place. All they wanted from me was a clear Zara Puppy w/ white feather. It was best to tie the puppy on a 7' Gloomis rod with light line for longer casts, cause the fish were spooked easily. As the sun got higher in the sky, the fish were still busting shad, but were harder to catch.

I tried Gunfish, a clear barely legal Vixen, buzzbait, Fluke, and Rico. These didn't work so good. They chased the crystal ice thin fluke back to the boat, but they wouldn't hit.

all fish were slots or smaller. still a fun day. Off the water by 9AM.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Matt, thanks for the report. By the way, you PM box is full.

Was the lake crowded early? How about the ramps this morning?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Fish were on the surface past the no ski bouys and no wake bouys, over 35' of water and close to the bank- kinda all over the place. All they wanted from me was a clear Zara Puppy w/ white feather. It was best to tie the puppy on a 7' Gloomis rod with light line for longer casts, cause the fish were spooked easily. As the sun got higher in the sky, the fish were still busting shad, but were harder to catch.

I tried Gunfish, a clear barely legal Vixen, buzzbait, Fluke, and Rico. These didn't work so good. They chased the crystal ice thin fluke back to the boat, but they wouldn't hit.

all fish were slots or smaller. still a fun day. Off the water by 9AM.
HOW MANYDID YA GET----LM ,STRIPERS ??

THKS

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt, thanks for the report. By the way, you PM box is full.

Was the lake crowded early? How about the ramps this morning?

Howard,

I thought the lake was pretty quiet when I launched at safelight and the ramps were normal, nothing too crazy, but again, I left the lake early to avoid the craziness.

The lake was way down from when I was there last. The upside about that is, you get to park on the side of the ramp in Castle Creek. I'll clean out my mailbox, thanks for the headsup!

QUANTUM- No stripers or whites, all LM's. I only picked 11-12 fish. I was thinking about picking up the dropshot, but I fought that feeling. I wanted topwater fish today. I spent too much time trying different baits. All the baits that I listed work, but they just wanted the Zara puppy today for me.

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
558 Posts
i was there this morning from 5am till 9 am,launched at the 4 lane ramp and headed straight to the river.the boils were small and they were lm.caught 3 on top water and 6 on drop shots nothing big all small fish.we were there yesterday same time and found them at goose bay boils were all over but only managed 21 fish total with three guys on the boat.but the view at humbug each trip was nice and pretty silicone filled boobs were all over the place.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
There was room to park on the side of the 4-lane ramp? That is great especially when you are fishing alone. I should have gone this morning, but saved the energy to do some house cleaning instead. Would have rather been fishing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts