Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

pleasant

4K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  champ,204 
#1 ·
i fish pleasant about 3 times a week or more and the best bet is dropshot 4 inch robo worms on 6lb vanish with a g-loomis dropshot rod i have found that when they are pumping water into the lake its a good idea to work up structure up points up humps etc. the hard part is what color, what structure. that is why when fishing pleasant you need to move very often to find that active fish. dropshotting the right worm with the right leader willalways boat some fish on pleasant. you just cant forget pleasant bass are very educated today. good luck to you all, see you on the water :D

#2 ·
Champ.
I will agree with ya on the dropshotting but with a g loomis rod is where I have to draw the line, I use mine for a push pole.

and its a great conversation piece. :roll:

Delw

#3 ·
you cant beat loomis

what do you mean by push pole man you dont get nothing butt sensivity with a loomis especialy the older one that are unfinshed before shimano baught out loomis so just try dropshotting in 50 feet with one you cant go wrong good luck on the water

#4 ·
Champ.

I like my fenwick 100 times better than the loomis. Funny thing I always wanted a loomis too.

I am going to give it a few more weeks, maybe I will grow to like it.

Mr. Bass wont even fish with it. He said he would rather tie a new hook on in the wind than use it.

the fenwick is alot more sensitive than the loomis, and it only cost $49 @ walmart
Delw

#5 ·
the loomis rod iam talking about is a gl3 7 footer med fast action 4 to 10 lb test1/8 to3/8 oz paired with a abugarcia suveran spinningreel because the 12oz reel balances it out perfect ps i dont like the new loomis ds rod either its not near as sensitive as the old ones :D

#6 ·
the loomis rod iam talking about is a gl3 7 footer med fast action 4 to 10 lb test1/8 to3/8 oz paired with a abugarcia suveran spinningreel because the 12oz reel balances it out perfect ps i dont like the new loomis ds rod either its not near as sensitive as the old ones :D

#9 ·
Its the same old on pleasant, monday through thursday 12-16 lbs of fish in the boat, come friday your down to 8-10 then come sat your struggling to get 8.

I been on some real nice fish while prefishing but come sat I cant get them in the boat.

As far as a new color, I just use one color and a shade of that color also. I really dont believe color makes that much difference while dropshotting at least in the depths we fish.

My dropshot bite was real good from jan to july (in june it was fantastic) then I quite using it until oct. caught one fish, Quit doing it until mid november and picked up quite a few.

Delw

#10 ·
Hey Del,

I'll take that Gloomis rod off your hands if you don't like it. Since you've been using it as a push pole, you should probably just give it to me. :lol:

I agree with you on color. FEW and I used several different ones to catch fish last week(but only one buzzbait color :wink: ). We were also using a couple of different profiles. I think most of the time size/profile/action are more important in getting bit. Of course the most important thing is location,location,location. you got to put your bait in front of the fish in order to get bit.

SteveM

G
#11 ·
yes i do agree with you guys about color when you are dropshotting in deeper water like a semi dark to a black or a junebug color you can always catch bass butt i have also personaly experienced a off the wall color espicialy shallower than 15 or so will produce a little bit bigger average than the old stand bys that everybody has confidence in shottingdown. i think to catch better fish on pleasant on a daily basis like 4 pounders and up you need something a little different than the same things everybody and there brother is using iam not saying that they wont catch bigger fish because i have caught fish from 4lbs to 9lbs on colors like aaronsmagic,oxbloods,peeples,babybassand mourningglory so just give it a try and iam not talking about the colors that robo has to offer iam talking about a custom color that no one has ever seen good luck on the water :D and i think that softshellcraw is a good worm for that lake for better fish

G
#12 ·
yes i agree that most darker colors will catch fish from 15 feet or so down butt as the lake clears up and gets full i have just caught good fish all day using a custum off the wall color i think that the better fish have seen the same old colors to much they still catch fish butt not like a different color size profile and you cant forget about a different more subtle action espicialy when some off those big bass move up shallow on a point in clear water when the sun is still bright it works for me and i still dropshot alot of the basic robo colors like oxblood,softshellcraw,peeples,junebug,mourningglory,and all of the shad patterns..so next time your having a tough time on pleasant try a off the wall color worked a little bit differnt i almost gauranty you some action now if it would work for me in the future saturday tournements like it does during the week i might just make a believer out of everyone goodluck to all bass hunters outthere hope to see you on the water

G
#14 ·
dropshotting is when you take a light action spinning rod with 6-8lb test and tie on about a #1 gamakatsu hook about 1 foot are up your line leaving a long tag line take about a 1/8 oz dropshot weight and clip it on the end of your line get above some bass drop it down keeping your weight tight to the bottom dont move your weight at all but shake the worm thereis some others ways to fish it but i cant reveal those ways get a issue of bass west magazine @fishermans choice it might be helpful

G
#17 ·
slitshotting

splitshoting is a down sized version of carilina rigging first you need a med action spinning rod with about 8 lb test then put on a 1/4 ounce weight about a foot or two above the end of your line tie on a 1/0 hook add a robo worm or a 4 inch lizard you can fish it any where almost as good as dropshotting don iovino has a good finesse fishing book try to find don is a top finesse fisherman :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.