Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing underneath the 202 Freeway just east of Mclintock. I have never told anybody about this spot becuase it was the best fishing spot I have ever been. I have caught and released many bass over 4 pounds. I have caught catfish over ten pounds. I have taken a fish from this pool. The past few weeks the water level has been dropping very quickly. The fish are dying all over the shoreline. Giant catfish and bass are dying everywhere. It seems like the pool will dry up quickly. I wish there was something that could be done. The pool is within sight of Tempe Town Lake. It would be great if the fish could be transported there. It is so sad to see this happening to the best fishing spot I have ever had in my life. Please reply with any suggestions or ideas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Town Lake Fishin Hole

Check with AZ Game and Fish and ask if you can release them into the Town Lake or another local waterway. Thanks for your concern and it's too bad there aren't more people like you.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'll help transport fish if we can

You're not as far as the sewage plant are you? If you get the ok to transport maybe a few of us can get together and do the transport.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will call game and fish. I think it is a bigger job than I could handle. The job could be done with a few ATVs. Thanks for the help.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I think Ive seen that pond from the air before, always wondered if there were fish in there.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I know a guy from SRP and said the same thing, they recieved permits to start mining River rock out of those ponds, and that they were going to let those ponds dry up, guess its on to a new honey hole for ya guest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to Game and Fish. They said that they would look into it. They couldn't promise anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts