Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my wife who advised that a friend of my daughter Courtney is being taken off of life support today. He has battled with what I have been told is a form of leukemia for almost a year now. When he was unable to attend 8th grade promotion, his dad received his certificate on his behalf to a standing ovation and many tears. At one point, it was rumored he would return to high school next year.

Now it does not look good. His roommate at PCH died a couple of weeks ago of the same disease. Please keep this family in your prayers. I cannot fathom the agony this family is going through. It brings me to tears to even think about it.

I plan to do something to try and help this family. Initially, I will dedicate the GPD youth fishing event on Oct 31st to him. Once I have an opportunity to speak with his dad and get his blessing, I will post the update flyer on the site.

I know many of us are hurting financially and others have suffered losses of family and friends. While I do not mean to diminish those losses any any way, this is a 14 year old boy. I have never felt more helpless in my life.

Please pray for this family.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wow His Family and Friends will be in my prayers. Keep us posted on what you can get set up I will help any way I can.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I just got off the phone with my wife who advised that a friend of my daughter Courtney is being taken off of life support today. He has battled with what I have been told is a form of leukemia for almost a year now. When he was unable to attend 8th grade promotion, his dad received his certificate on his behalf to a standing ovation and many tears. At one point, it was rumored he would return to high school next year.

Now it does not look good. His roommate at PCH died a couple of weeks ago of the same disease. Please keep this family in your prayers. I cannot fathom the agony this family is going through. It brings me to tears to even think about it.

I plan to do something to try and help this family. Initially, I will dedicate the GPD youth fishing event on Oct 31st to him. Once I have an opportunity to speak with his dad and get his blessing, I will post the update flyer on the site.

I know many of us are hurting financially and others have suffered losses of family and friends. While I do not mean to diminish those losses any any way, this is a 14 year old boy. I have never felt more helpless in my life.

Please pray for this family.
Prayers sent,ill donate my cash to the gpd youth tourney!

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
There just is no way for anyone who has never experience this to understand. How deeply agonizing for his parents, family and friends. My thought and prayers are for them to find peace knowing that their son’s suffering will be over. May God bless them and their son rest in peace.

Wouldn't it be nice, a world with no fighting and people learn to get along and use their brains to solve sickness and diseases that kill?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Robert passed away today shortly after I posted this msg. If there was a blessing today, it was that he passed just before his family was going to have to make the final decision to remove him from life support. Thanks to everyone who offered prayers for him. Pleae continue to keep his family in your prayers as he was an only child and his family is really struggling. Also, please keep all the young people who were friends with him in your prayers as it is difficult for them to understand why this happened. There will be a tribute to this young man at the Verrado High School Freshman Game Wed night. School is in Fall break so for some kids, they may not know till the game wed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts