Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I was home sick today and spent some time looking around and reading a lot of bass boat and fishing forums. One question that I found pretty interesting was everyones opinions for the best looking bass boats out there, also the ugliest. I'm not talking about the best built boat, the fastest boat, or the most fishable boat. I just think it would be fun to see what everyone thought about the looks of some of the pricey rigs.
Personally I am not at all a fan of Bass Cats looks, the metal bar on the side of the consoles is a bit exreme I think and I don't really like the lightning stripe. I know they are good boats but they really don't appeal to the eye like some others do. I know older Rangers and Champions are very nice boats also but I think they were a bit behind their times in looks.
As for boats I think are real eye catchers, I think Stratos would be on top of my list. I also think that the later model Nitro's are pretty sleek as well. Actually almost all of the bass boats are so pretty that I find myself drooling all over the catalogs when I look at them.
What does everyone think?
Josh

G

·
Gambler has to be the slickest meanest looking boat out there,
Then I would go with That purple skeeter that someone has.

Strotos is a nice looking boat looking at it head on.

Ugliest would be tritoon with the exception on one that I have seen that teal and white, I dont like the looks of tritoons but this teal and white one makes you not look at the design, yeah I kinda know the guy thats owns it as well.
then nitro

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well Josh like you I think Stratos looks are good but the pre 97 Stratos ride smooth I think (thats before Earl Bentz left and started Triton)I have a 96 201 Stratos and I love that boat smooth ride and sleek looks. But after the 97 year Stratos, the looks on the boat never seemed to change much. Now I think the best lookin boat out there is the new Tritons. I am sure you ahve seen me out on Sag with my Blue/Silver/Gunmetal 201 Stratos with a 225 Johnson. Next time you see me come say hi.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Gamblers sure are sweet. I love the size of the front deck and of course I think I'd love flying down the lake at 85, I'd probably need goggles!
I have spent a great deal of time looking at used Stratos Models, they look like goods boats and there are some great deals on some of them. I will look for you next time I'm on the water Flippin Stick. I should be out this Thursday Friday Saturday so maybe I'll see you then.
Josh

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
I would love the opportunity to be skipped out of that bad boy!! :twisted:

G

·
I like the bullet boats then comes the Stroker put a 300 on anyone of them. The Bullet has the boggest deck on the market plus they are rated as the fastest on the last test in BassMasters the model they brought topped out at 114mph with a full tournament load, 42gallons of gas and 600 pounds of stuff including people. Allison makes a nifty ride and I personaly realy realy want a Xpress boat the 22fter with a 300 on it. Then I could fish both Best Best and still be able to run with the people in AllStar. Just my humble thoughts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sweetest Boat? Any one I'm sitting in looking out across the water. Actually I like the sleek lines of the Gambler. Ugliest boat is the new 21' Allison. Tritons have to be up there since I paid enough for one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
As for the nicest boats I have researched, I would have to say the Cobra Boat is the nicest. www.cobraboats.com It's the boat in the bottom left corner.
Second, I would go with the Allison www.allisonboats.com
Third, I think I will go with the Stroker www.strokerboats.com
Other that would top my list:
Charger www.chargerboats.com
Bullet www.bulletboats.com
Gambler www.gamblerboats.com
Storm www.stormboats.com
Triton www.tritonboats.com
As for the oddest boat I will say the FastCat www.fastcatmarine.com

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Gambler baots are tight! I saw a bunch of them on Rosey.....I like the Bass CAts, just bc they are a little different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think I have one of the ugliest white trash machines on the water. I have a 1986 17' "bass tracker " It's not one of those metalic ones you see it's before that. It is kind of that babychit yellow greenish color. Carpet is completely thrahed. The driverside counsel windshield is gone and I only have carpet on one of the two wooden bunks on my trailer. However having a boat like this I don't worry too much about beaching the boat or spilling my drink or getting duck blood on it. Viva La White Trash!!!

James

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
The fish dont care what your boat looks like. You could be 400 lbs, wearing a rainbow tutu (You borrowed from Delw) with a 2' afro, but as long as your bait looks right, the fish will eat it. It might be embarassed later when it gets a look at you, but then its too late! :lol:

G

·
I definetly have the ugliest machine that still floats. It's a brown and tan 82 Ranger with hunter green carpet. My favorite part is the ever so color coordinated blue Evinrude. Oxidize the fiberglass and the pictures complete. the positive side--ITS PAID FOR! Dryheat

G

·
You guys wouldnt know the ugliest boat if it bit you on the ass :roll:

I had to have the ugliest boat ever(well I had 2 of them)

My gay bass boat was a 9 foot wooden row boat That I built in wood shop.(your probally saying that aint so bad) well you have to remember the colors of the mid 70's, Remember the nasty Olive colors and bright oranges, that puke green and baby shit brown. You guys in the military would definatly remember.

Anyway I was 15 and didnt have alot(any) of money seems mom and dad had some left over paint from the interior of there brand new house the bought. so I kinda just helped my self.

my second one was a 1980 ranger that I bought from a topless dancer(how can you say no to that) seems her husband died and she needed money, well at the same time I was kinda in a pissed off mood from working 24/7 so I pulled every penny of cash I had and went and bought it.

Pulled it straight to the shop. The motor didnt run, the brown gelcoat looked like the above boat, the carpet was a dull orange(looked like something that cats regurgitate).
We took it to the lake for 4 straight days all the pump fittings leaked etc. we buffed it and buffed it for 2 weeks , put a better carpet in it (we being my 7 year old daughter and I) got it looking.... well lets just say a little better . got the motor running all the leaks fixed etc.

Then we fished our 4 tourny with roostertails at apache lake and KAboom blew a piston.

Now the boat has been completely rebuilt. from stringers to carpet and even new foam in some places. I bought a new 1992 merc 175hp from a dipshit in tennesse.
Now the reason I say dipshit was because when he sent me the motor. it was mostly in piece's(with extra parts) and it didnt run(but hey he got paid). after many phone conversations he sent me all new electronics (thats what he said "New"). Now I had the federation open tourny in 3 days I got the parts the friday before the tourny. put them on ran the boat to bartlett lake and ran it. it ran good. got home at 4 am and got ready for the night federation open.

Well you know how it is you fly down the lake checking your boat get carried away and start fishing , it gets late and you head home(not running your boat 100%)
so we launch at the fed open. hit one spot and stay there all night culling 4 lbers. My Partner(employee) decided to sleep when it was about midnight. I stayed up and put a 7lb and a 6lb in the boat.
5:30am its time for weigh -in. I am thinking we have a good bag and should be in the money.

Well it seems these "new" electronics he sent me was not so knew and they had problems when they heated up( i found this out 2 days later)
Anyway we are heading to the weigh-in and there was another guy in the river. I get to the 1702 marker and the engine die's
No biggy there was one guy left(in the river ) that had to fly next to us , so we figured we would get him to give us a lift. He looked at us (motor cover off and flailing of our arms) and blew right by us(prick).

needless to say we arrived at the weigh-in 2 hours late, up around jack ass a guy in aluminuim boat towed us in.

As I am loading the boat another buddy of mine is launching , he asked what happened we told him. He asked how much weight we had we told him. the guy releasing fish said" yeah right". he said too bad cause you guys would have took first my more than 10lbs. At that point I forgot we still had the fish in the live well. He weighed them and we had over 32+lbs

BTW if it floats and gets you out there who the heck cares what it looks like, yes its kinda intimidateing when your in a parking lot full of $40,000 rigs, but most of them have payments and you dont.

Delw

1 - 17 of 17 Posts