Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what its worth. I just ordered 100 each of several colors of Joe Owen's worms...and, yes, I'm paying for them. No, he didn't ask me to post this,etc... His worms are legal dynamite as far as I'm concerned! I've taken 3rd, 6th and 2nd in a medium size club in the 3 tournaments I've fished (40 or so boats on average) in that club, and almost every fish has come on his worms. I, as well as others, can assure you it's not my skill that's been the difference :wink: . It seems these FL bass have seen almost everything but that! I know I'll probably take @#@$! for this post, but thought I'd share. I've mainly been using his 4" finesse worms and 7" straight tail worms on a light carolina rig over hydrilla...the same pattern works really well in AZ, especially over grass beds...his floater worms are exceptional, but I haven't had the opportunity to use them here much.

Brandon

P.S. If you know anyone in Southwest Florida, please do not relay this information. :D

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Hey guys, another interesting tid bit is that Brandon moved from Arizona to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area of Florida. Instead of fishing deep canyon type reservoirs, he gets to fish unfamiliar places like Lake Kissimmee, Lake Okeechobee, etc. These are large lakes with thousands of acres of grass looking like a sea of grass. You can actually get lost on these if you're not careful, just ask Brandon. Also when it's windy, it's nothing to find 3-5 foot waves to greet you on your planned run down the lake. He's doing something right by placing high in these 3 tournaments against those regular Florida fishermen. I've got my order in for worms with Joe too. Great job Brandon!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I have bought some of Joe's worms also I think they are that good. Thats what I caught my 7 1/2 on last weekend. When nothing else was working. I'm putting them on my christmas list :D Will be back on sag this frinite fishing .
I still want one more toad before it gets to cold.

Joe C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts