Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just wanted to thank everyone on the board, even that "dirty rat - guest" and for all the help and info about Lake Havasu.

I wound up finishing 13th in the championship and had a wonderful time. I should have easily made the final five cut, but I lost 4 fish in the 2+ lb range right at the boat. I am paralyzed from the chest down and not being able to use a net or have help landing the fish, like in our regular season tournaments, proved to be a challenge and gave me some things to work on for the next season. I really needed another arm...LOL

Again, thanks to all! You have a great board.

PigSticker - Clint Baker, San Antonio, TX :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PigSticker, I can't believe they won't let you use a net. I mean they let that pro golfer drive a golf cart. I would think 99.9% of the people you fish with would not mind you using a net. If they do O-WELL. Just my thoughts. I'm glad you had a good time and finish.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PigSticker, I can't believe they won't let you use a net. I mean they let that pro golfer drive a golf cart. I would think 99.9% of the people you fish with would not mind you using a net. If they do O-WELL. Just my thoughts. I'm glad you had a good time and finish.

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
I'm with Delw on this one. Thirteenth in a national tournament is a real accomplishment. Nice job and get 'em next year!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They don't let us use a net because the winner of the Championship gets a straight shot into the Federation National Championship and they can't use them there. So, I have to agree with the director, he wouldn't be prepairing us if he did allow the use of nets. I'll just be a boat flipp'n son-of-a-gun from now on! :lol: I was using 6lb line though and was scared. Looking back, I should have either took the chance or loosened the drag and just let them wear out. But that's hard to do when your all amped up and your mind is racing 100+ mph. I'll get 'em next year! It won't be in Havasu next year, but I know we will return one day. The Mayor wanted us back again next year, but we can't have the Championship in the same place 3 consecutive years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts