Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fortunately, I got to keep the boat after getting a divorce :lol:, but the registration is actually in her name. Anyone know what I need to do to transfer the registration into my name? Is it just a matter of her signing it over to me?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
it is just a matter of her sighing it over to you,az is a no title state on watercraft,she just sighs the back to transfer ownership and then you take it to g&f and thats it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
that's correct.

the BOAT does not have a title...just sign over the registration.

The boat TRAILER, however, does have a title. The trailer title AND registration both need to signed over. The title needs to be notarized when she signs it.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
that's correct.

the BOAT does not have a title...just sign over the registration.

The boat TRAILER, however, does have a title. The trailer title AND registration both need to signed over. The title needs to be notarized when she signs it.
OOOOh yeah and that's the bitch:eek:. And you know what? AZ is also a community property state which means she could have given you the boat in the divorce but maybe not the trailer. That's taking 50 - 50 to the next level. I would get that thing registered in your name before everything is final.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts