Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Question for everyone???

5K views 55 replies 38 participants last post by  Skunked 
#1 ·
I am just currious about what some of you do for work, if you still work, or are most of you retired, lol. I try to make it to a lake once a week, but it seems as if most of you live on them.. I am jealous lol. Still waiting to run into some of you, well not literally just meet you all. I want to say thanks to all of the rest of you that have responded to my posts.

G
#2 ·
I work 40 hrs a week and I try to go to the lake at least once a week, however I do not have a boat so I usually have to backseat with Bayou. I think all these guys are old enough to retire :wink: :lol: but most still work. I would love to go out as much as some of these guys do. I have met some of them and all I have met are really nice. Great bunch of people post HERE.

#3 ·
I owned a decent size aerospace shop and had lots of employees, so I got to fish almost every day for a few years. I shut it down last year in april. Too much hassle not enough work out there due to the economy going down the tubes.
Even though I still fished everyday I still put in 10+ hours at the shop mainly at night in the winter and in the day in the summer. Some times I wouldnt come home except to take a shower eat a good hot meal(other than pizza) and see the kids.

Fished everyday almost up until dec 1 of last year then stopped for a while(only going out once a week then) . now I am starting to fish again.

Played with boats for a long long time.

Delw

#4 ·
I'll be a young 53 soon.... :shock:
Played pedal steel guitar professionally.
Owned and operated a recording business for 18 yrs.
Had some heart troubles after working 16+ hrs a day/7days....
Was re-introduced to fishin' while recovering.........sold business.
Ten years later......priorities are all messed up again and I'm back to working 40hr week, but finally bought an old boat to fix up......to go with me an' the old dog.......and a really great wife!! :D
Now in the gentle process of conditioning my boss to the benefits of a well balanced employee.... :wink:
I do integrated systems: sound, media, and teleconferencing.
I only get to a lake 2-3 times a month at best right now....but gonna try real hard to do better in the upcoming year!

#5 ·
I'm 38 years old, a gemini, I like long walks on the beach and puppies........oh wait this isn't one of those personal ad sites? :oops:

Ok, I am 38. I'm an Aircraft Mechanic for Southwest Airlines (hence the SWA plug after my name). I'm also the Treasurer for the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association Local 32 which takes up more time than I'd like to say. I only get to fish about once a week. These are great guys here and you will learn a lot! Keep on posting and learning! I know I continue to learn from these guys and gals.

John

#6 ·
I am 40 and all the chicks dig me! Ok maybe my wife does sometimes. i am a police officer and i work 40 to 50 hours a week on lake patrol. the i go and fish another 10 to 20 on my own time. I am the semi good lookin one out there in a 21 foot blue and silver Ranger.

G
#7 ·
I was a dick, Oops I meant detective. Then I found out to much :shock: So I took a less stressful job with a mining company. :lol: I only work 15 days a month now so I get to fish a little more. I also do a fishing report on the radio. I used to fish tournaments, but the divorce took the play money. I will probably start doing a few tournaments this year.

#9 ·
Rob and I have a construction company, mostly remodel and I do the paper pushing and try to keep all the pcs up and functioning. I teach 3rd-5th graders on Sundays and LOVE it! Great kids. I'm a softball/basketball mom of 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 frog. :lol: We try to get to the lake at least once a week and sit and look like we're fishing - the fish get a real kick out of it. :x And then there is maintaining a website and reading fishing boards......I always have plenty of extra time! :wink:

#10 ·
Question For Everyone

I'm 38 Yoa and have been a cop here in Arizona for five years and 12 years prior in Texas ( Thats Were I Got Hooked On Fishing) I work anywhere from 40-50 hours a week and fish one day a week. Fifteen for years and I'll fish full time.

#11 ·
I am 42 and work in the medical field 12 hour shifts though during the summer it slows down and I sometimes only work 2 day's a week which can be very detrimental to the paycheck! I fish one to two day's per week. I have met and fished with many of the posters here and have never met a nicer group of people. Fishin3 I will remember that Comment! :lol: .. if your brave enough my back seat is usually open on mondays! :twisted: ..bring your own duct tape.

G
#12 ·
I'm 68 and used to do tournaments. My Stratos was costing too much so sold it. Am now a backseater looking for a back seat.
I do some outdoor writing, publish a "Winter Visitor" season newsletter. I am the only volunteer fishing instructor in my county (Pinal) with AZ G&F. Taught and took out over 2400 kids, adults, handicapped, etc. in last 3 years.

JohnF

#13 ·
m,47,aircraft technician for our hometown airline,fish tourny's probly 3 weekends a month,prefish the other weekend,with my best friend/sponsor/wife.also like offshore fishing,with no more than 6 people in boat.my favorite lake is pleasant.we have a cobra boat,idle by and say hi.

#14 ·
Tadmo

I am self employed for the past 7 years. Up until 2 years ago owned a computer company in Tempe. Had way too many employees and not enough fishing time. Now I work from home for the last 2 years in Internet and Business marketing. Was able to fish 2 to 3 times a week until the kids started school. Now I am waiting for the Fall bite to turn on so I can catch fish after 8:00AM in the morning. I hope this is soon! I am going thru withdrawls :cry:

#16 ·
I am 35 years old and have an insurance agency. I work multiple states from the internet at home. I try and fish once a week,maybe twice. Now that you know how often I go and don't see any reports, I am embarrassed to post the skunks. I really have been struggling. I'm going to Obregon in November. I need a confidence boost. I may not be alone though, it looks like there is alot more time on the water than posts.
Bill

#18 ·
I'm almost fifteen and I'm a Freshman in High-School(felt like playing hooky today :wink: . Actually I'm a good kid when it comes to school, I'm home sick today). We purchased a boat just over a year ago and I've done nothing but fishing since then. Even though I only get out once or maybe twice a week I spend the rest of the week reading fishing articles or looking at pictures of my future bass boat. Sometime in the near future when I get some experience and I'm old enough to be in a bass club and I have a liscence I'll start fishing tournaments to start my quest to my ultimate goal which is fishing for a living and never having a real job. Josh

#20 ·
Franklin J said:
Josh-join the Air Force!!!!!!!!!!!!
Josh, Don't listen to Franlin! I did the AF for 4 years. Yes it was the best thing I've done, but I'd have still been in if it wasn't for that durn Graham/Rhudman Act. Long story with cancelled orders.

If you're going to do the service thing, then definitely go for the AF, but if you're doing good in school definitely move on to college and then some!

No offence Franklin. I'd be flying if it wasn't for that durn act!

Phantom Phixer 84-88 Edwards AFB.

JohnSWA

#22 ·
What do I do?

I am The World's Greatest Fisherman. This consumes most of my time, thought, energy, and money. This doesn't mean I catch most or biggest fish. It's much more than that. To finance the priviledge of being The World's Greatest Fisherman. I work in accounting at a pest control company. Dave.

#24 ·
I am a 32 year old first officer on the @#$%?@ canadair regional jet for Mesa Airlines. I am envious of Josh who reminds me of myself at his age. My problem wa the closest descent bass hole was three hours away. Given the choice I would have liked to have tried to fish professionaly, but mom and dad said I had to go to college. They still wonder when I'm going to get a real job. Married my high school sweetheart who turned into an attorney. Hey at least it supports my job and fishing habit. Currently trying to talk her into a house 8 miles from the pleasant ramp. Try to fish once a week during the non scorcher season. I have never met anyone on this board but still think the world of ya'll. :lol:

G
#25 ·
I'm 36 and was a plumber for 14 years. Had back surgery (never have back surgery) there went my plumbing career. Started a business working with the new car insustry. Those guys are cutthroat. Gave it up after 2 years. Now I'm looking for a job. Anyone know of anything? Fished a couple of years in the All-Star bass tourneys. Best finish was 17th. Lost my partner so now I fish alone most of the time. Would love to fish with some of you guys. Well maybe not love! Moneys tight right now so I haven't been out lately. I have a 18' astro F/S white and burgandy with a 120 force. Live 91st ave and camelback area so I fish Pleasant most of the time. That lake ticks me off.
P.S. Thanks to everyone who puts this site together and all the info we get from it.

#26 ·
Im 43 going on 44 in nov I still work 40 a week if it does not rain.
Being in construction we don't work when it's wet. The company I work for says no overtime. I start when it's lite enough to see out.I fish every weekend ( unless im hunting) from spring to winter. Fri nite & sat Morning usually but sometimes more.
Well I think I rattled on enough.
Joe C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.