Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinions on the best line for baitcasting reels. Just ran out of my 2400yd spool and going to order some new line and maybe order one of those Clunn reels on sale for $69.00 too that Delw was so kind to mention is on sale now!

What line do you prefer for baitcasting reels?

G

·
Only thing I use anymore is floroclear 12lb test max. I use it for topwater and blades and flipping/pitching

when night fishing I will only use floresent trilien just because its hold less memory than p-line

Delw

G

·
Stren MagnaFlex 12lb. smoke/green The Johnny Morris BPS reel is at least worth your checking out before buying a reel.

G

·
WENT TO WATERDOGS LAST FRIDAY AND JEFF G. SPOOLED ME UP WITH 12LB SUFFIX, I REALLY LIKE THIS LINE IT'S VERY LIMP AND CAST LIKE A DREAM IT DOES NOT HOLD MEMORY EITHER VERY SLIGHT, WE DID NOTICE WHEN THROWING TOPWATER PLUGS THE LINE WOULD SINK AND PULL THE PLUG UNDER, I DO NOT KNOW THE DIAMETER OF THE 12LB, I THINK I WILL TRY THE 14LB NEXT TIME :lol:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I use 12lb triline xt for topwater it does not sink as fast.
The copolymer sinks to fast. Its denser than the regular line.
Got some of that suffix its ok dont like the knot strength.
I use MCcoy on eveything else.

Joe C

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use Trilene XL for cranks, blades and top water but for flipping and my wormn' rods I stick with Fire Line. 10-14lb test is the range that I use and find it works well.

-Dave King

1 - 11 of 11 Posts