Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a friend lookin to buy a boat and has one in mind was wondering if this is a good deal. Its a 1999 Procraft 17 combo. It has a 125 Mercury Force motor. It has an Eagle Cuda 242. The other is a Garmin 240. The TM is a Motorguide 43 lb. The seller says the interior and carpet is clean. He's askin $6300. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell him to add a little bit of cash and buy that Astro in the for sale section on this site.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had one Force engine in my life, and will never get another. One reason, a Force 125 will push that boat just about as fast as a 100hp anything else. Look close and you will notice the props are a smaller dia. Just had bad luck I guess, but in the 9 years I had it, replaced the computer 3 times and rebuilt the starter 4 times. The tilt/trim (due to its location) went out a couple of times and had to rebuild the motor in it. Bad seals. Since the engine is normally half the cost of a boat, get one that has a good rep. I just do not see that many Force engines anymore....and think there is a reason.
Dusty

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had a Force Engine on my boat. It was a 125hp Force, but the actually horsepower to the prop is only 80hp. It was the biggest waste of engine and always needed something fixed on it. I changed it out with a Mercury and never had a problem with it. I would pass on the boat.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
for about 6300 should be able to pick up something nice with a 150hp. as for Force motors i think they are great motors. had one on my 97 procraft never had any issues with them. i believe they were built my mercury marine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts