Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Painted guide lines

I've seen several people doubt painting lines etc.

But it can be done and has been done. If you go to the Palo Verde Launch ramps at Canyon lake there are painted lines on the ramps.

For some reason they didn't take them all the way across to the prep spaces but they still are helpfull.

We need someone who works for the highway dept and knows what kind of paint they use. It is some fast drying stuff because they paint right in the middle of traffic and then go on their way and the lines stay.

But since they painted lines at Palo Verde it would appear that game and fish already knows what kind of paint to use.

The question is ... why don't they paint at Saguaro as well as at Canyon..

It isn't that big of a deal but would help many people, especially those who don't launch a boat every day. Many folks are lucky to get there once a month if that. And Saguaro Ramp #2 is more difficult than many ramps because of it's construction and lack of room.

G

·
I have never seen such a massive shitestorm over nothing. I have not found this funny whatsoever. Do not get me wrong, I do not fish Sag as much as you all do, BUT when I have fished it, I have NEVER encountered any problem launching. Come on guys, this all is boring B.S. My main complaint is that I had to read this endless thread of wasted breath, waiting for the punchline. It never came. Relax damn it! Life is too short. You guys are going to lose hair over nothing. Painted lines, expansion joints, orange vests, lack of law? How about you power-drive whoever is in your way into the lake as you go and do what we all love to do...FISH!!!!!!!! Fish gosh darn it... Later...

G

·
Painted guide lines

Well, excuse us for being interested in something that bores you.

It's nice to know that you are so fantastic at backing your boat down the ramps that you never have any problem.

Unfortunately, many of us aren't as skilled as you. Some are but still see the benefit, some are and find it humorous.

And then there are some super skilled assholes who read 40 some messages and then bitch about having to read all those messages about something they don't care about.

Duh. :roll:

Hopefully Samario has noticed the topic and might put a bug in the ear of the powers that be.

Remember for every person who posts here there are hundreds more who feel the same way -- on both sides of the issue.

And since this topic has drawn so many posts it must be that there is quite a bit of interest in it.

You don't want to read about it -- then don't read 40 or 50 messages -- no one made you read all those.

· Registered
32 Posts
Painted guide lines

It could well be.

I only know that this topic has drawn more responses than any other on the board so far, so apparently there is quite a bit of interest in rampcramp and ways to fix it.

We pay enough in taxes and fees etc.etc. that I think whoever it is that runs the ramps could afford a a couple of painted lines.

And, it just might help un-coordinated wretches like me who have trouble backing their boat in and thereby make peoples day a bit nicer if they aren't all pissed off because of someone jacknifing on the ramp and taking up 2 lanes etc. etc.

· Registered
11,680 Posts
Dreamer said:
I have never seen such a massive shitestorm over nothing. .............Come on guys, this all is boring B.S. My main complaint is that I had to read this endless thread of wasted breath, waiting for the punchline. It never came. Relax damn it! Life is too short. You guys are going to lose hair over nothing. Painted lines, expansion joints, orange vests, lack of law? How about you power-drive whoever is in your way into the lake as you go and do what we all love to do...FISH!!!!!!!! Fish gosh darn it... Later...
Hahaha Dreamer, struck me funny that you feel the same way about these posts as we do about the idiots at the ramp!
Live with it!!

· Registered
13,751 Posts
How about if you see someone having a hard time getting thier rig in the water, you offer some help, I have found just as long as thier not drunk most people are receptive to help......I seen a lady (pretty good looking I might add) having a hard time backing her deckboat in the water, even with her hubands "coaching" and I was like hey you need some help? She quickly jumped out the truck, and I backed the boat in and made everybody happy.... :lol: [/quote]

· Premium Member
34,659 Posts
Its a good way to get shot LOL, Ask Da...

So when you jumped in this chicks truck did her husband still sit in in the middle seat coaching you?
Just kidding franklin

I think me and a couple of buddy's are going to get scoring cards and sit on the edge of the ramp when people are launching and rate them . 10 for the most entertaining and 1 for the most boring.

Delw

· Registered
11,680 Posts
I always thought that a web cam on the 10-lane at Pleasant or Ramp #2 at Saguaro would be a good addition to the Del-Mart web site. How 'bout it Del? You could make a fortune!

No Franklin J, I did not get shot at when the guy I tried to educate went ballistic. The conversation in the dark with a guy having trouble launching on Ramp #2 went something like this:

Me: Excuse me, could you please turn off your headlights so I'm not blinded when I back down my trailer?

Idiot: How the #$%^ am I supposed to see when I'm driving?

Me: But you don't need your headlights to back up.

Idiot: Why don't you mind your own @#$%&* business *&([email protected]#*)? I'm gonna beat the livin' *&@# out of you!

I didn't think a witty retort would help so I went back to my truck and launched the boat with his headlights in my eyes.

G

·
Whoops!!!!.. I meant sorry. Bottom line if you cant back a trailer..DONT!!!!. And if you cant see around your trailer you dont have the proper mirrors.

G

·
Hi "Jest an old Fart" and all the rest of the ramp cramped brains. I just wanted to put this hot thread back up on the front lines since it is THE most popular topic to ever grace the pristine pages of the AZBASSPRO smack.

Oh, and Denny, I DO understand what you were driving at.... "Hahaha Dreamer, struck me funny that you feel the same way about these posts as we do about the idiots at the ramp!
Live with it!!"

I am living with it, and loving it! You guys are a bunch of old, bitchy ladies. Is this really what we have to look forward to? I hope not. My friends and I look at these posts everyday and bust up laughing. Thank you for making life so simple. All we have to do for the rest of our "semi-miserable" lives is back down a frickin' ramp without an incident and all is well. Hmm, thank you again? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never go there!!!!!!!! While you guys are at it, why don't you extoll the virtues of adult diapers and tell us which ones cause the least chafe? That will help us in our later life too! Oops...that'll cause a backlash I bet! Later...

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.