Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe Owens and I fished The Ranger Boat Owners's tournament today Sunday 11/2 at Pleasant. There were 34 boats and only 12 limits of 5 bass (13 inch minimum size limit) weighed in. Joe and I weighed 4 bass for 6.62 lbs. good enough for 12th place and I think we took 2nd for big fish with a 3.18 lber. We released 5-6 unders. 9.13 lbs. took top total weight. Soft jerkbaits, floating worms, T-rigged and Dropshot plastics, and a spinnerbait produced our fish in mostly shallow 1-5 foot of water. Although it was tough fishing we had a great time and got to cash a check to boot.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Congrats on the nice finish. I wondered if it would be tough out there today. I almost went for some shore fishing, but thought the banks would be a little muddy.

SteveM

G

·
Ranger Boats Open

Thanks for a great day on the water Howard, but I could have done without the wind. Sorry about the broke off fish. I also had the pleasure of meeting Denny Anderson and his partner, what a couple of nice guys. Southwest Boats really made a strong effort to make this a great event and should also be thanked.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Congrats Howard and Joe! Nice to cash a check once in awhile. :lol: And you caught fish too! Now I would say that's a successful fishing trip! 8)

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your kind words. And congrats to Denny (d a) and his partner George. I think they came in something like 3rd or 5th place and collected a very nice check. WTG guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts