Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ray fished with Ray today on Saguaro Lake. Ray boated the first bass (around 1.5) and Ray soon answered with a 1 pounder. Then Ray missed a nice fish but later after spraying some bait attractant, the other Ray caught a 3 pounder. Later, that same Ray hooked into a 4 pounder but decided to quick release it at the boat... A little while later, Ray answered back by nailing his own 4 pounder. A few more 1.5's were caught through out the day. Ray thinks Ray is a pretty good fishermen.

All of the fish caught, up until noon, were caught outside of the coves across from the Snags ("SKUNKED'S" Wash area ( :wink: ) and out side of Mesquite, on top water (Yo Zuri POP-R's (don't remember what Yo Zuri calls them) and other top water baits. I did miss one heck of a bite on one of Delw's green strait tailed worms, c-rigged along Mesquite.

The second 4 pounder and one or two more 1 - 1.5's were caught in shallow water with Senko's (normal rig). It was a slow bite, but MANY fish were busting ...some of those "flying bass" were of a very nice size.

I didn't have any fish take my live pointer, super flukes, or Senkos (in boils). The Senko fish were all caught in shallow water (maybe 4 feet), weightless, hooked straight - not wacky.

Good Luck and keep it safe!!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Great job today. I'm glad to see you caught some fish on Senkos, that bite has been gradually getting worse for me, maybe it's picking up again. Again, thanks for the report, maybe I can catch some of those fish tomorrow. Josh

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Sounds like Ray and his other brother Ray had a great fishing day! I'll be glad when I get enough experience under my belt that I can be consistent on catching some fish! Congrats on a good day!

Although, now that I think of it, even when you have ALL the experience of say, someone like D A, you still can come away from a day without a few fish! :roll: :lol:

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Uh oh, pretty soon people are going to start accusing you of having make believe friends! Its happened before! LOL
Jason

G

·
maybe he has a split personality. :D
no j/k im the other Ray. Nice recap of the trip.
he does sniff alot of kickin bass though. :D

Ray :D

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ray!!! Welcome Aboard! :D

Jack, I don't sniff it, I just drink it straight from the bottle. It sticks with you longer that way. As far as the bigger boat, I guess I could use one. …If you say so but I think you need a bigger boat too! Well a new one? :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts