Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i just purchased a brand new bass pro shops extreme baitcasting reel. i just noticed today after useing it on 4 fishing trips that the spool is kind of wobbly(slides left to right a little bit). i tried to tighten the side and it moved a little, but it still wobbles a little bit(but less then before). do u know whats wrong, and how can i fix this problem???

thanks

marty

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Not being totaly familuer with these reels I would say that you should tighten the cast control knobe on the side. It most generaly is on the right side under the handle. If you turn it clockwise it will tighten up the side to side play in the spool counter clockwise will loosen the spool. Remenmber if this is the problem and you tighten this to much it won't cast as far. to little and you will get plenty of overrun. If this isn't the problem I would cal BPS and send it back for a replacement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adjust the main control knob on the side so that if you hold your rod tip up with lets say a 1/4 oz weight.....it will fall at a slowish rate but will always fall when freespooled. Usally when you get that set perfect you will notice that the spool itself does have a little bit of play side to side.....It's OK....and should be perfect....Then you can fine tune it for heavy weights like spoons so you don't overrun when freefalling them.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.