Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
The AZGF have been removing non native fish for quite a while now. They have removed any catch limits above Horseshoe Lake for non native fish such as Large Mouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Chanel Cat Fish, Flathead Cat Fish, anything that is not native to the State of Arizona River System, catch and keep all you want. Remember Fossile Creek was closed to all fishing for I think three or four years to get native fish established there.

·
Registered
878 Posts
And here silly me, I thought Arizona's budget was running some huge deficit. Obviously I was wrong! They must have plenty of spare money to be spending it on this! The Verde River is one of the best Small Mouth Bass habitats in Arizona! That sure sounds like theu are working to ruin it!

·
Registered
387 Posts
more money is needed

now it's time to electro shock and poison all the non natives living here in arizona and poluting our waterways with their dirty diapers and poaching all the native fisheys!:hitsfan:

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
And here silly me, I thought Arizona's budget was running some huge deficit. Obviously I was wrong! They must have plenty of spare money to be spending it on this! The Verde River is one of the best Small Mouth Bass habitats in Arizona! That sure sounds like theu are working to ruin it!
The AZGF have been removing non native fish for quite a while now. They have removed any catch limits above Horseshoe Lake for non native fish such as Large Mouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Chanel Cat Fish, Flathead Cat Fish, anything that is not native to the State of Arizona River System, catch and keep all you want. Remember Fossile Creek was closed to all fishing for I think three or four years to get native fish established there.
WOW. Well, its our money, guess they can spend it how ever they like. Bass arnt native to the Verde? Bunch of dam sucker fish, how stupid.

I am guessing its a federal deal with the US fish and wildlife service, AZgame and fish has basically no say, they just have to come up with the plan and I bet there not using AZGame and fish money directly. most if not all of it come from the feds on projects like this. these projects are mandated by the US fish and wildlife service.

the removeal of non native fish to replant native fish is good and bad, AZ see's the bad side for the most part and states like oregon washington and idaho see's the good parts.

for example in the northwest they are trying to get rid of non native fish to bring back salmon, steelhead cutt throat and wild trout which alot of people fish for. thanks to non native species in the water ways these fish are having a hard time surviving, and thanks to Native species on land(indians) salmon trout and steelhead are having a hard time surviving as well ;)

in the southwest were we live, there doing the same thing, however the native species are what we call trash fish and have no use for recreation, however just like the native species up in the northwest non native species are the ones threatening them.

one native species that was brought back to az that is a recreation fish is the apache trout so thats a plus for recreation.

i've seen first hand what Non native species and indians have done to the salmon and steelhead populations in the northwest, its not a pretty sight and it only took about 8 years. the indians won some federal court apeals to gill net the river systems, the peta ******* won court cases to protect the over population of seals and it was all over.

we used to be able to goto to any river system in wahsington during the salmon spawn and see litterally thousands of salmon swimming up river to spawn, My favorite place was south prairie creek a tributary of the puyllup river and abut 10 mins from my dads house. you could walk across the river on the backs of these salmon and never touch the water in the creek. in 1993 1994 less than half a dozen salmon came across the fish scales and no steelhead.

the puyallup river was hit hard by the indians, the toutle river system was hit by mount saint helens the columbia river system( the biggest one in the northwest was hit hard by the seals the indians and smallmouth and largemouth bass.
most of the other river systems were hit hard by the indians, seals and people building dams and redirecting water.
while fish ladders were built and worked very well they attracted seals and indians that just sit and wait for the runs. seals kill hundreds of thousands of salmon and stealhead.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am guessing its a federal deal with the US fish and wildlife service, AZgame and fish has basically no say, they just have to come up with the plan and I bet there not using AZGame and fish money directly. most if not all of it come from the feds on projects like this. these projects are mandated by the US fish and wildlife service.

the removeal of non native fish to replant native fish is good and bad, AZ see's the bad side for the most part and states like oregon washington and idaho see's the good parts.

for example in the northwest they are trying to get rid of non native fish to bring back salmon, steelhead cutt throat and wild trout which alot of people fish for. thanks to non native species in the water ways these fish are having a hard time surviving, and thanks to Native species on land(indians) salmon trout and steelhead are having a hard time surviving as well ;)

in the southwest were we live, there doing the same thing, however the native species are what we call trash fish and have no use for recreation, however just like the native species up in the northwest non native species are the ones threatening them.

one native species that was brought back to az that is a recreation fish is the apache trout so thats a plus for recreation.

i've seen first hand what Non native species and indians have done to the salmon and steelhead populations in the northwest, its not a pretty sight and it only took about 8 years. the indians won some federal court apeals to gill net the river systems, the peta ******* won court cases to protect the over population of seals and it was all over.

we used to be able to goto to any river system in wahsington during the salmon spawn and see litterally thousands of salmon swimming up river to spawn, My favorite place was south prairie creek a tributary of the puyllup river and abut 10 mins from my dads house. you could walk across the river on the backs of these salmon and never touch the water in the creek. in 1993 1994 less than half a dozen salmon came across the fish scales and no steelhead.

the puyallup river was hit hard by the indians, the toutle river system was hit by mount saint helens the columbia river system( the biggest one in the northwest was hit hard by the seals the indians and smallmouth and largemouth bass.
most of the other river systems were hit hard by the indians, seals and people building dams and redirecting water.
while fish ladders were built and worked very well they attracted seals and indians that just sit and wait for the runs. seals kill hundreds of thousands of salmon and stealhead.

Delw
This is the truth. Definitely a federal deal. They had to put such strict restrictions on fishing in oregon/washington. They say now that they've dealt with all that crap this is the best salmon season on the columbia in over 15 years. I know a guy who commercial fishes there. It still is no where near where it used to be. In oregon all the little sloughs and tiny creeks were PACKED with salmon, and now they only make it up a few of the bigger streams, like the john day, etc.

So in 10 years lets be truthful, you know we're all buying drift boats and learning how to fish for desert suckers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hire Franklin! The striper population fear him, one mans daily mission to kill non native fish, The Lake Pleasant Saga. No man can stop him not even the "Harbour Patrol"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts