Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have their seats redone? Any contacts for quality work at a fair price? Trying to get an idea of the cost of redoing the vinyl on the main row of seats (driver, passenger, and center/step seat).

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you know of a place that does boat carpeting as well as reupholstery, that would probably be a bonus. I imagine many places might do both, but I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
figure it this way for ease.

carpet about 800-1500 if your picky your going to pay more for carpet cause you want someone to do the job COMPLETE and have the grain going all the same way, having the grain go all the same way will double carpet cost. and you can really tell the difference when looking at the boat.
seats 500-1200
sure you can find some cheaper and some more expensive but you get what you pay for.

A fair price, thats not really a fair question ;) as whats fair to you might be lower than the cost of maerials for shops. there is NO such thing as a fair price when it comes from the customer, cause 90% of the customers want everything for free.
I would think that whats the GOING price for those services is a better way of putting it.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
You may want to look into candomarine.com for seats. A pair of Triton seats cost $400 for buckets. Not sure of other brands but I know they have them for Stratos too. For just the skins try Quality Mfg. @615-395-4348 All you need to do the skins yourself is a staple gun if the foam cushions are ok.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, Delw...good point. Since how the grain lies is important, could I cut costs by installing shag carpeting??? Hmmm...if I get a boat built in the 60s or 70s, it may come with it, ya think? Seems it would be hard to see the inconsistencies in the grain with that stuff. Just a thought. ;) Although I guess the shag carpet would bring about a whole new problem with getting hooks caught in it and trying to find the weight you just dropped on the deck and all. Damnit! If my wife would just work harder, I could buy a NEW f-ing boat! :biggrin:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Had ours done by a gal in Globe. Bench seat, back seat and but seat were around $250. Took about 2 and 1/2 weeks and they are fantastic. Norm next to the Tackle Shop in Tonto Basin did our carpet, fabulous job about $1100. If you are interested PM me and I will find her info.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Okay, Delw...good point. Since how the grain lies is important, could I cut costs by installing shag carpeting??? Hmmm...if I get a boat built in the 60s or 70s, it may come with it, ya think? Seems it would be hard to see the inconsistencies in the grain with that stuff. Just a thought. ;) Although I guess the shag carpet would bring about a whole new problem with getting hooks caught in it and trying to find the weight you just dropped on the deck and all. Damnit! If my wife would just work harder, I could buy a NEW f-ing boat! :biggrin:
Believe it or not you can see it big time, especially on darker colors, even after a year or 2. there are some pics on the site that people have taken of there boats and you can see the difference.
the lady at mesa sales( carpet place) told me about this I thought she was on crack, she was correct.

I will see if I can find some pics.
also your price is going to depend on if you want the insise of the lockers carpeted as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
contact Mesa Marine excellent quality and fair prices 25 years same location in the east valley fast turnaround time call Terry for an estimate for all your upholstry needs auto Rv marine aviation or whatever project you may have also service Mercury OMC Volvo Penta 480 830 4799 or cell 480 688 7778

1 - 10 of 10 Posts