Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just a quick note to let you all know Jim's surgery went fine today. They ripped that nasty ol' gall bladder clean outta there! And when they sewed him up, fortunately there were no extra parts and the doc didn't say "oops!" :twisted: :lol: If all goes well, he should be home tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Home tomorrow??? What about the important stuff??? Who gets to use it for bait??? :wink: :lol:
Hope you feel better soon Jim!!! :D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Dang! Where have I been? Thanks for the good news Daphne! Take good care Jim! You just stay in bed and get all the rest you need. This way we have a chance to catch all the fish that you've already got spooked from rippin them lips!

I'm glad everything came out ok! :wink: I'm still gonna take you up on that raincheck!

John and Wendy

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Jim, I'm glad to hear that your surgery went on without a hitch. Recover quickly. Recover well. See ya on the lake soon. 8)

G

·
Happy to hear everything went well. Hope you mend up quick so you can give me some lessons on catching "Toads" out on SAG. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Rich

·
Registered
911 Posts
Glad to hear things went well for you Jim. Now get your healing done and get back on the water. See you on the lake. Jeff

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Jim, Best of luck on a speedy recovery. I ain't too worried about that used Gall Bladder, but I am worried about your boat and fishing equipment collecting dust in your garage. If you'd like I could pick up Delw, come over to your house and take your boat/equipment fishing. :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glad to hear Jim got home quick. Don't know if removing any parts from Rippinlipps is a good idea though...he can't afford to loose any more wieght :shock: I heard they sewed him shut with spider wire :lol:

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Glad to hear it went well Jim! Thanks for posting the news Daphne.

Rumor has it the nurses petitioned the doctor to get Jim out of there ASAP. I've also heard the doc wouldn't give Jim his own gall bladder to take home. The nerve!

But Jim's supposed to get the video and show it at the next Round Table meeting. I'll bring the popcorn!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks everybody. Now I know what it's like to be gut hooked. According to the doc, everything went perfectly. The nurses got me 86'd as soon as they could, so I only did an overnighter. I hope to be back on the water within a week or so... just as soon as they take those Spiderwire stitches out. Not only did they NOT let me keep the thing for a conversation piece, but they didn't do the video either. Looks like no show-n-tell at the Roundtable. Thanks for all the notes. You guys (and Daphne) rock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts