Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much does it cost to have a guide replaced on a rod. like the 5th one down. looking at buying couple st croix but one has this issue and wanna know what i am gonna be into it. do they have kits to do it your self? is it hard?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know ball park of cost. are we talkin 20 bucks. we looking at 50. never had it done before so have no clue

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for where and who can do it for me though. he do a good job?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Call or PM BOAT COP. Have em all done on that rod and its gonna be the smoothest stick ya got. I think thier bout $10ea. John does awsome work and uses the best guides out there.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Where is boat cop located. I have a cruical that I steped on the fist guide and need replaced

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
k if i get these rods, you will be the man i call thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone use a rod with spirialed eyes on a baitcaster? Starting on the top and then the tip is upside down like a spinning? Saw it in field and stream. Wondered if a rod can bend and twist?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
It is called a revolver rod. The rod does not twist, the guides just wrap around the blank. It is popular with the rod builders in TX. Some believe it makes the rod more sensitive. If you really want it built that way, Boatcop will do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts