Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BPS bionic blade rods are on dale for 50 dollers, they have two rods that are rated from 3/8-2. One is 7'6" the other is 7'would one of these be a good choice for a light swimbait rod? would it be good for carolina riggin?

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Man I don't know about that one.............I've been using a flippinstick for lobbing the swimbaits, and it's a pain in the ass, most flippinsticks are to damn stiff in the tip, (at least the one I have) and I don't really think they are built for throwing a 2-6 ounce bait anyway.......hence the name (flippinstick). I mean it gets the job done don't get me wrong, but I think it's a little to stiff for the swimbaits.......................Franklin :roll:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
tacklewarehouse.com has a daiwa rod for like 50 bucks that will handle a swimbait nicely. Just dont buy them all BC I need one too! :lol:

G

·
Try using a med/ saltwater surf rod for swimbaits. The spinning reel is ideal for the long cast and it does not kill your forearms as much. If not adapt a baitcaster to a 9ft. med/hvy rod it will feel awkward at first but you can get used to it pretty quickly plus you can realy put the bait way outthere if you must but then line selection comes into play when you heave the bait that far so then you have to come up with a good line thats when a braided line in the 50 to 80lb range comes in handy and as a bonus IF you use the style of bouncing a swimbait like a jig and it gets hung you can pull over any rock darn near or pull up and bush. Just my tohughts happy hunting.

gcbaitman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts