Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We trolled for crappie Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. and caught 17 very large crappie. We were trolling tandem jig rigs in 16 to 18 fee of water up in the Salt. We tried spooning for a little bit on the way in with no success. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyboday!!..Art

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phaz I dont know about the night bite , but there is a good spoon bite for crappy right across from the bridge (on the other side of the lake) That tall hill with the rocky sides in 24 feet of water, theres one point that come out of there that looks like a rocky jetty so to speak

Delw

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know of anyone night fishing right now. It's way to cold at night for me. I'm going to try Delw's suggestion about the spoon bite though. Thanks, Delw ....Art

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Well watch our for the Carp Art....I dont think ive ever seen Del`s blood pressure go so high as it did when he hit his carp :shock:

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Art

Look at this map
http://hometown.aol.com/dafishsphx/myhomepage/huntfish.html

its straight across from the dam and Gov. Hill( North)

theres a few little rocky points that come out, its the longest one and very rocky(longest meaning from the face of the hill it comes out about 20-40 feet)

Like I said they were in about 24 feet of water. Each time I was letting my spoon slam on the bottom.

Yeah the Carp was a blast and a dissapointment. I mean think about it. your in a tourny, all your catching is Small bass(ok smaller than small bass) and all of a sudden your rod doesnt come up. then it starts to swim. 3-5 mins later you pull up a Gold piece of crap. Talking about taking the fun out of catching flea's

But it did put up a hell of a fight.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty sure I know the spot your talking about. It's a spot John Murray showed me several years ago as one of his favorite crappie spots when he had a place up here. I'll give it a try tomorrow morning. Your carp sounds like my big flathead last week also caught on a spoon. How big was the carp? .......Art

1 - 8 of 8 Posts