AZBZ Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen an ugly post on AZOD about Roostertales tourny Saturday, I was unable to post link . Anybody know what went wrong at the weight in.
( Elkhead posted) :?:

G

·
0 Posts
i guess they killed like 95% of there fish. i was fishing the canyon bass tournament, and i did not see any dead fish in the water but we did have a later wiegh in time. it is to bad they killed them all if it is strue they did. :D :D
GETTER DONE..........

G

·
0 Posts
Elk. is just a guy that doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Jamie explained what was going on in a post below on here in which he posted.

If I find the link I will post it... Funny how Elk didnt get the answer he was looking for then went to another board, seems to me he dont like tourny guys or is against Roostertales.

Delw

G

·
0 Posts
Rooostertails?Bartlett tournament

Hey Guys
i guys in is "perspective" ;; it is how things look;; what would you rather see; a weigh in by the lake shore or one in a parking lot?? maybe elkhunter is way off but i believe he believes in what he saw and that is bad!!!!! and how many other people saw and believed the same thing??? i personally don;t like any idea of a weigh in up in a parking lot; and i don;t like Jamies explanation of "tying up the launch ramp";; there are plenty of places on all lakes to have a weigh in by the water and not tie up the launch ramp;;maybe Rostertails better re-think their ways of doing their weigh ins?????????

G

·
0 Posts
Masterbaiter.
Almost all tournys here in this state do thier weigh-in's above the ramp.
very few clubs will do it by the water for a few reasons
It blocks access
if you have uneven areas like which is around most fo the lakes, you run the risk of dumping the fish on the bank. so which is worse walking down to the lake with a back of fish or rock fry'ing them when they hit the ground in 110º heat.

Ive been with roostertales for along time and havent seen anything bad happen.

I am pretty sure that fish that are dead or near dead before they hit the scales are going to make it no matter what you do.

The weighin's at roostertales are extreamly fast(ive fished other clubs that took over an hour to weigh in 15 boats)

ALot of people will toss fish back in thier livewells after they weigh-in and drive them back to the lake and dump them.

ELkhunter might have been a little upset cause he didnt see a bag of fish with 10 gals. of water in it and the fish swimming around in the bag like they do in a fish bowl.
He echo'd his opinion and the truth came out as per Jamies post.

Delw

G

·
0 Posts
Rostertails;; bartlett toruney;;Att; Delw

Delw
I have been in a bass club for over 15 years and we never have had or ever will have a weigh-in at the parking lot;; IMAGE is everything;; in the 15 yrs; i don;t ever think we ":rock fried" any fish by having our weigh-in by the water and we have never plugged up a ramp;; we always have found someplace to weigh the fish close to the water and stay out of everyones way;; why don;t you admit it;; your weigh-ins DON"T look good to the public!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Yes image is everything.

Look at all the tournys on pleasant at the marina. They are weighed in at the top of the hill. With the exception of waterdog willy's nights which are weighed in on the ramp itself or the dock.

Delw

G

·
0 Posts
Elkhunter is full of BS. By the way the live wells hold 30 gallons of water. He kepts sayying he don`t know much and he`s right! He has to be in Canyon Bass, And just try to make them look good. Jamie

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Perception IS reality. The reality is after reading through all of these post several times my perception of Roostertails Bass Club has changed from neutral to negative. Regardless of the motives behind elkhunter’s original post, whether sincere or malicious, it wasn’t the original post that changed my perception it was the way Delw, Ender, and JB handled it.

Getting defensive about your club I understand, but attacking the other individual is uncalled for. It hurt Roostertails because it fanned the flames and kept this topic active longer than it needed to be. It also sounded like JB and Ender were not at the same Roostertails tournament at Bartlett. JB said "After the fish were weighed-in the live fish went into my boat with full live wells and pumps on." 15 to 20 boats is what? 60 to 100 fish in one live well? Not only did that strike me as outrageous but then Ender said he took his own fish back to the lake and: "Every angler that I saw at the weigh in put their fish back in the livewell to take them down to the water." Its contradictory. Just what is the club policy for returning fish? Do whatever you want? It say to me Roostertails is not taking responsibility for returning the fish to the lake. They’re leaving it up to the anglers. But what ever one member does in a public parking lot or on a public ramp at a Roostertails tournament will reflect on the Roostertails club and every member. Whether you like it or not, that’s reality.

If I were inclined to join a bass club, I’d look for one where all members understood that what they did or said as a member of the club reflects on the club and all the members. And a club where a member would have posted a response to elkhunter along the lines of: "That’s interesting. Please call our tournament director, Will Weighem at 480 555-1234 and give him the details so we can investigate it and fix it." JMO

G

·
0 Posts
There is a right way to have a weigh-in no matter where it takes place. If you have it on the water then I have to agree, the bass will have a straight shot right back into the water after they are weighed. If it is "up-the-hill" in a drive-through weigh-in then they better damn well have the right tanks for it, filled with the correct fluids, with the proper aerators. I have fished in some "club" opens before, where the "catch and release" aspect was extremely lax. It was one for the lake and one for the ice chest. I do not recall Roostertales as being a culprit and I find it hard to believe that they would run the risk of losing their B.A.S.S. charter over a shoddy weigh-in. The whole thing sounds like the circle of "OLD LADY" bass fisherman that perpetuate our sport. I swear, I think that this field of endeavor is worse than a bunch of soap opera watching, toothless, hairless, too old to love harpies! The rumors multiply before your eyes. Later...

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Good points. I failed to mention the defense of Roostertails stated ALL the tourneys at Pleasant out of the marina, with the exception of WDW, weigh-in at the top of the hill. If Del's referring to MBC, ABA, ABF, don't they all have holding tanks and take responsibility for the fish after the weigh-in? Yep. And Roostertails? You can't just say its OK to weigh-in at the parking lot because the big tourneys do it. You've gotta do the whole nine yards.

G

·
0 Posts
Denny? Did you just agree with me in some round-about way? Hehehe...man I know, I am a pain in the ass but isn't a good pain? LMAO.....

Seriously, ABA and AllStar both have drive-through weigh ins. Pure and simple, if there were serious numbers of dead fish accumulating after these events then someone would raise the red flag. I have seen the Game and Fish supervise these events and I am sure that if these circuits were NOT taking care of their fish, then G&F would not be happy. Do not get me wrong, there are dead fish. I blame this on the angler. Someone else said that it is up to the angler to take care of their fish. I have to agree, there is only so much that can happen once they are placed in a tank. Bleeding of air is one, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that is about it. Truth be told, bleeding is a fine art that very few are able or willing to do. It can do more harm than good in the hands of Jack the Ripper. I only do it as a last resort and only when they are in my live well. My dad was famous for taking over the tanks at tourneys and bleeding bass. He is not here anymore.

Okay, let's get one thing straight. No more B.S., bass die in tourneys. This is fact #1. Most teams try to prevent this because it means there is a weight penalty. Fact #2: The serious bass fisherman in pursuit of a win will do whatever it takes to keep his catch alive. Fact #3: the meat fisherman or the bait fisherman or the tri-hull warrior (proving his worth to his friends) will kill and never think twice. Fact #4: this is the way it is now and the way that it has always been.

Now, what does this mean? Bass die and some are eaten and some are coyote food. Are our fisheries in trouble? NOOOOOOOO. I remember fishing Pleasant before the dam was raised and a good day consisted of maybe 3 or 4 hardearned bass. Does this sound familiar? Yes. That is pretty much the way it is now. There is no difference!!!!!! Back then there were half the boats (pressure) on half the lake (acres).

Fact number whatever: Pleasant DID have a hay day. There is no argument about that. To sit and blame the decline of this once proud, big bass lake on a singular event , whether it is tourneys or ANY other factor, is ludricous. It is the myriad culmination of MANY MANY MANY factors. Can anyone say stripers? How about campfires? I recall some cottonwoods right adjacent to the 10-laner that were no-brainer bass-catching meccas! Where are they now? Ash...How about drought? You may say that Pleasant is filled every year by CAP water but think about the big picture! San Carlos and Roosy used to manhandle at least 50% of the fishing enthusiasts. What happens when these lakes are dry? They go to Pleasant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can go on and on and on. The sad fact is we live in one of the most populous megacity suburban sprawls in this country with one of the highest boat per capita titles in the world.....IN THE FRICKIN" DESERT!

Deal with it...rise to the occasion...things will not be easier in the future...develop new techniques....strive to be different in the basics...look for the miniscule pattern...JUST FISH YOUR ASS OFF FOR YOUR COUNTRY! We live in the only place in this world where there is freedom. Enjoy it...live it...just frickin do it! (insert Nike commercial) Later...

G

·
0 Posts
There is no such thing as a good pain in the a**. But not to worry, I'm here to take care of you.

Since when did All-Star move into the mainstream and start doing drive-thru weigh-ins?? Heck, they were responsible for all the sales of Hamby's keel protectors in Arizona.

G

·
0 Posts
You really want to take care of my ass? That is very noble of you! You are right though, AllStar is famous for the rocky venue weigh-ins. It is late at night for me or early in the morn for you but i could have sworn when I took 5th at the Pleasant tourney this year that they had a drive-by. I think? I know I was beat out by the "girl" who passed the polygraph on the THIRD try. She was fourth. I do have other remembrances but I am sick of typing now...

G

·
0 Posts
Jamie

NO; i don;t belong to Canyon Bass or any other club;; i maybe fish trout a couple times a year if i am lucky; look at my username;; that will tell it all; i don;t appricieate all the bad words you are using against me; i was just trying to post on something i saw and didn;t like; you don;t have to get so nasty;; just proves to me that you REALLY are trying to cover up something; you are just like CLINTON; throw the blame somewhere else and maybe the heat will come off of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
What are you babbling about? Clinton? Come on there feller! I really do not think that Clinton has anything to do with this. Mind you, I could be wrong, I have been wrong once or twice...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.