Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,680 Posts
Perception IS reality. The reality is after reading through all of these post several times my perception of Roostertails Bass Club has changed from neutral to negative. Regardless of the motives behind elkhunter’s original post, whether sincere or malicious, it wasn’t the original post that changed my perception it was the way Delw, Ender, and JB handled it.

Getting defensive about your club I understand, but attacking the other individual is uncalled for. It hurt Roostertails because it fanned the flames and kept this topic active longer than it needed to be. It also sounded like JB and Ender were not at the same Roostertails tournament at Bartlett. JB said "After the fish were weighed-in the live fish went into my boat with full live wells and pumps on." 15 to 20 boats is what? 60 to 100 fish in one live well? Not only did that strike me as outrageous but then Ender said he took his own fish back to the lake and: "Every angler that I saw at the weigh in put their fish back in the livewell to take them down to the water." Its contradictory. Just what is the club policy for returning fish? Do whatever you want? It say to me Roostertails is not taking responsibility for returning the fish to the lake. They’re leaving it up to the anglers. But what ever one member does in a public parking lot or on a public ramp at a Roostertails tournament will reflect on the Roostertails club and every member. Whether you like it or not, that’s reality.

If I were inclined to join a bass club, I’d look for one where all members understood that what they did or said as a member of the club reflects on the club and all the members. And a club where a member would have posted a response to elkhunter along the lines of: "That’s interesting. Please call our tournament director, Will Weighem at 480 555-1234 and give him the details so we can investigate it and fix it." JMO

· Registered
11,680 Posts
Good points. I failed to mention the defense of Roostertails stated ALL the tourneys at Pleasant out of the marina, with the exception of WDW, weigh-in at the top of the hill. If Del's referring to MBC, ABA, ABF, don't they all have holding tanks and take responsibility for the fish after the weigh-in? Yep. And Roostertails? You can't just say its OK to weigh-in at the parking lot because the big tourneys do it. You've gotta do the whole nine yards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.