Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Rosey today with a good friend and tried new water. We launched from Schoolhouse and headed East into the trees past the hazard buoy warning signs. There was a good breeze to start with and Wayne was flippin’ the trees and I was throwing the buzz bait. Wayne put a hurting on me real quick like! It was his 5 fish to my one dink by 6:30AM.

We headed further East up river to try different spots, but flippin’ the trees with twin tails caught fish and not many at that. The bite really died off for us after 8AM. I was trying to get Wayne on fish and I really struggled with that today. We covered a lot of water and went back to spots that normally caught fish, but we struggled there too.

Nothing in the boat over two pounds. I got stung by a wasp that got up my swimsuit and stung me on the thigh. I had two reels with braid back lash from hell. My digital camera that I brought today was messed up and wouldn’t snap the shot when we approached a huge bald Eagle on a tree just in front of the boat, one of two bald eagles that we saw today. This lake humbled me today,but we didn't give up.

Still a good day on the water with a great fishing partner. Water temps 82 degrees, water visibility was less than 4’. Flippin’ trees worked today, but no size to them. It was awesome having a good friend in the boat and sharing time on the water. If you ever get a chance to get Wayne in your boat, it will be a good time! My backseater kicked my butt today. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Tightlines..RB

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Glad you had a good time. You shouldn't feel bad about a tough day on the water. Seems like you almost always load the boat, and with good ones, too. Thanks for the report.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts