Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - looking for some advice/ideas.

I decided to dry-store my 25' cruiser at roosevelt so that I could sell my truck and take my time looking for a replacement family/tow vehicle.

Called up the administration office and talked to them about it. I was told that Rosey worked just like pleasant. Provide 24 hour notice, and your boat will be waiting for you in the water at a dock. When you are done with the boat, they will put it back on the trailer and put it back in storage. If you are done with the boat at 3am, you just leave it at the dock and they will put it back whenever they get around to it. I know this type of storage is around $250 a month at pleasant, but they quoted me around 100$ at rosey with first and last security deposit.

Well, I am now 3 weeks into this arrangement, and the reality is:
- They launch you with you on the boat. You go to dry storage, get the boat ready, they launch and you drive the boat away. When you are done, you have to radio in and they will come back and get you - you drive the boat onto the trailer, and they put you back in your spot.

- The hours for this service are 8a-5p.

- The cost for launch and retrieve is 25$ a day (I think, I havent asked)

Yesterday I showed up and asked for a launch, and the guy asked me how I was paying. I told him that I was told it was included. He told me it wasn't. I told him to put it on my account and I would work it out with management.

Im pretty pissed. I understand that the management company for pleasant just bought roosevelt, so I can understand that the guy I talked too just assumed that it was the same. The bottom line is I am not getting anything close to what I thought I was paying for.

Whats my play here?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is there a contract? I'm sure there is and these details should be included. You should have read it before signing. If you were told something that was not in the contract you could have brought it up then and even write it in. Live and learn!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea there was a contract, yes, I read it all prior to signing, and no, no word about hours or launch and retrieval at all. Frankly I wasn't surprised when it wasn't in there. Contracts like this typically only state that the marina needs XYZ paperwork and isn't responsible for anything that happens to you or your boat.

I asked a TON of questions to the guy I talked to, and got all of the right answers. I didn't expect him to either lie or be misinformed to this extent.

I don't feel like I was intentionally mislead, I just don't think the pleasant guys who are doing the dry-store arrangements understood how rosey operates.

As far as the price difference, I figured it was supply and demand.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Yea there was a contract, yes, I read it all prior to signing, and no, no word about hours or launch and retrieval at all. Frankly I wasn't surprised when it wasn't in there. Contracts like this typically only state that the marina needs XYZ paperwork and isn't responsible for anything that happens to you or your boat.

I asked a TON of questions to the guy I talked to, and got all of the right answers. I didn't expect him to either lie or be misinformed to this extent.

I don't feel like I was intentionally mislead, I just don't think the pleasant guys who are doing the dry-store arrangements understood how rosey operates.

was he a salesman working on commission?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I asked him about the discrepancies between what was on the website and what he was telling me. He assured me the website was inaccurate. I figured things were changing since the parent company had just bought rosey.

Guess I am taking one for the team here. Make sure you get the facts from the marina instead of the guy who handles all of the contracts.

For what it is worth, the actual staff at roosevelt has been AWESOME. No complaints there!!

I will let you guys know what the guy says when/if he ever responds...

·
Registered
3,572 Posts

Exactly,... they have the supply of the limited labor force up there doing this kind of thing so they can demand what hours you can take advantage of it. Not exactly the way the socio-economic theory was ment to work but you get the picture. Hey at least it was cheap!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Contract guy acknowledged his mistake, and offered to let me out of the contract. Thinking about getting him to switch us to pleasant.

Wife loves rosey and hates pleasant, but I love striper fishing and hate being forced off of the water @ 5:00. Think we all know who will win this argument...

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
wife likes rosy, hates pleasant?

enjoy roosevelt

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Dude, they will run it down just like they did at Pleasant. They will charge you 25 bucks just to get a pass to use the pisser

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I started my contract, I was told up-front that the boat launching service was $20 one-way or $25 rount-trip. They use the Sheriff's ramp, which is nice and quiet. You may find that the 5pm return time is closer to 4:30pm when the guys are in a hurry to cut out early on the weekend.

The staff are nice enough, I suppose, but I thought the service was pretty weak. When I had a bad valve stem on my trailer, they wouldn't fix it, even though the have the equipment to do it. "Uh, no, sorry, we don't do tire repairs." Had to put my boat in the water to get the weight off the trailer, and then haul my trailer to Kachina to get it fixed. And twice, I asked them to check on my trim gauge which isn't working, and they never did it.

And just wait until you try to cancel your membership and find that the web site where they want you to fill out an online cancellation form is broke most of the time, and no one from from the marina or from the corporate offices will return your calls.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my boat stored at lake Pleasant in the dry stack storage area. The arrangement was as you described where I just called ahead of time and my boat would be in the water when I got there. I would leave it at the dock and they would put it up. My boat was stored inside and I was paying a little over $250/month. I could have had the boat stored outside with the same service for a little less. They also have an economy storage area where people can keep their boat and trailer but they don't have the launching service included. Most people in the economy storage area launch themselves. It sounds like you are in an area equivalent to the economy storage at lake Pleasant. I don't think the Roosevelt marina has any arrangement other than what you have. $25/launch seems kind of high. Hope you get your tuck soon.

I must say I was very happy with the service provided when I had my boat stored there. I ended up buying a park model home in one of the RV parks in Tonto Basin and keep my boat near the best fishing lake in AZ! As it turned out, it is cheaper for me to have a second home in Tonto Basin than paying the monthly rental at lake Pleasant.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts