AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob and I decided to hit the lake yesterday to see just how many shorelines we could be shoved into by the wind! Us - 0, Wind - 1 :roll: Thought we lucked out when we got there because the wind had calmed down. HA! Until we got on the lake! Tough day. No fish. Nice to meet Deckhand today and got to see Brown Dog and Samario too. It was however, nice cooler weather and I was at the lake and NOT at work! 8)

A couple of guys came motoring through on their way to the ramp. The guy sitting up front was a hootin' n a hollerin' and yelled out that it was like riding a bull in Texas! I about fell of my seat laughing! :lol:

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Drift/Wind Sock

Hey Nightcrawler, sorry to read about the no-fish day, but at least you took off some time from work to get away.

Once in a while, when it's really windy and when the wind parallels a shoreline or flat, making boat control tough, I throw out my drift sock, or some call them wind socks, to slow down my drift. I throw it in the water behind the boat and tie it to my rear cleat. The sock opens like a cone and filters water from the large end through the small opening at the other end. It slows down my drift so I can concentrate on fishing and I can use the trolling motor to make slight adjustments. The sock will float over grass and does not get hung up. It really takes the sting out of the wind.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aaaaaaaaaaaaahh! So THAT's what a windsock is?! I've seen you guys talk about it but didn't have a clue! Not really surprising there. LOL :roll: :lol: Thanks Howard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts