Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Sag 11/11

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Woo hoo! The sky cleared and it was a beautiful day for fishing! Skirtsn'bass and I made it out and fished from 7:30-2ish. When we arrived at the lake Deb inquired as to whether I was going to do that special boat launch again and make her swim for the boat! She said it was a bit too cold for that! :roll: :lol: We started out fishing the south shores across from the ramps. Tired crankbait, Rico, Senko, ds - nothing. I'm determined to catch some fish in there! It just looks like a perfect place for fish! (I think Skirts should write a book on where to find fish. Who needs a graph when you have her. :lol: ) Hit the coves east of Mesquite which is where I picked up my one fish for the day. On our way back in we stopped and fished around Butcher Jones. FINALLY met Tadmo and his boy! Nice to meet you today! Man, that is one awesome ride you have there! Nice boat!

Tadmo informed me that Bayou and Josh were still around and that Ugly Guy had made it out too! Bayou, Josh good to see you guys today and Josh! Thanks for some more of those magic worms! And the Senko lesson! Although you guys did make me lose my first Senko fish! LOL I looked up to see who was coming at the same time a fish hit the Senko. grrrr Then this guy comes to a screeching halt (can boats screech?) next to us. Thanks for the waves Ugly Guy. No really. Thanks. :lol: Guy gave us a quick lesson on retrieving your lure while tree fishing and gave us some Senkos too!

I asked Skirts a couple of times if she was ready to check out that water temp. Hmmm...she didn't think that was real funny. My goal is to beat Jack on the backseat skipping contest! :lol: Shhhh....don't tell Skirts that though! :twisted:

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow!!! You two fishing chicks are too cool. While fishing, Toad and I have talked about what makes women, real women. One of the more important things was to have a wife that could back up a truck and launch a boat. Rob, you are a lucky man. Does Daphne let you use the boat anymore?

#3 ·
Nice to finally meet you too Daphne! Wow! Sounds like Josh and Bill saved the day for everybody with the Senko tips! Finally after my last 3 trips (2 to Saguaro and 1 to Canyon) I finally caught some fish again. Not many but I'll take what I can get. Caught 2 on Senko's after talking with them too. They were caught around 1:30PM just before we had to leave... Great to see everybody out there having a good time. Great job Josh and Bill getting on all those fish today. Josh is going to have to change his name to Senko Master :)

#5 ·
That wasn't Ugly Guy you saw in that Nitro. You're mistaking him for someone else.
Glad you hit the fish Tad. I had nothing to do with getting on the Senko fish - all Josh. He was getting ticked left and right. I couldn't tell the difference between a tick or grass! The only one I caught hit it like he meant it - easy.

G
#6 ·
:shock: Dont think I have ever been called a "fishing chick" before. Maybe Daphne, she has yellow hair. Wait a minute, I can outfish my husband any day, and back that truck and boat into and out of anything out there, mud, goo, trees, drop offs ect., and he still left???? Some men do not appreciate "fishing chicks" :wink: Maybe it scares them?? :twisted:

Skirts
If I were a fish.................

G
#7 ·
so Skirts what you are saying is that he left the truck and boat behind? I think you did scare him pretty good. i cant wait to tell my friends that we have a group called the "Fishing Chicks" that scare men, fish, bushes, and small varmits at the ramps. I hope this doesnt turn into a blond thing!

G
#8 ·
:lol: Yes, as a matter of fact I do have present custody of the boat. Us "fishing chicks" are now an official organization. Cant be a blonde thing tho, she has blonde hair, I have red, so maybe, hmmmm "orange"?? :lol: And yes, we fish in various situations. Women are multi task equipped and can talk on the cell phone, change a diaper (in my younger days) and land a bass on the boat all in one shot (even when the other boat partner is zinging ricos out of trees :shock: and they are comming straight at your face, we take a second and duck!) Like the one gentleman said, "gotta love em, cant shoot em!" :wink:
Deb

#9 ·
great a red head and a blond togather. Someones gonna get hurt. maybe by the end of winter NC will have all the tree branches pulled into the water for better cover and Skirts will have a doctor's certificate in treble hook removal. :lol: maybe you can put a grill on that boat and make us lunch 8) JK!!!

#14 ·
Hey, by all means, give Lake Pleasant a try!

Top 5 reasons why Lake Pleasant is “fishing chick” friendly:

5. It has brick restrooms, multiple stalls, sinks and mirrors!
4. It even has a floating potty out on the lake.
3. The marina has a mini-mall.
2. There are romantic sounding coves like Paul’s Hideaway and Honeymoon.

And the Number One reason Lake Pleasant is “fishing chick” friendly?

1. It has a real, real wide 10 lane ramp so you can take up 4 lanes launching and no one will care! :wink:

#15 ·
5. Restrooms are good!
4. A floating potty? Sounds scary. Is it set up like ice fishing so you don't miss any fishing time while....taking care of business?
3. Mini mall. They do have Ricos, right? You know, in case one decides it really really likes the tree it's in? Do they carry the new line of Gamakatsu earrings?
2. Romantic coves, eh? Are there big bass to help out our guy's man ego? I mean something good should come out of something named Honeymoon!
1. 10 lane ramp! Skirts! Do you think DA is implying anything? Did that sound like a challenge?

G
#16 ·
OOOOH, the Mini Mall thing sounds good, dont think we need the 10 lane boat ramp, like I said before, I can back that trailer anywhere, I can even parallel (cant spell it) park that thing. Now the bathroom sounds good. I dont like wondering what is in the bottom of that hole. Dont like creatures. :shock: Only problem about Pleasant is that they grow their trees in the lake too (submerged) and I use LOTS of hooks and stuff. But just to take our little "club" on a road trip would be fun!! :D Who suggested we put a grill on the boat and make lunch? Is that like a man thing? Isnt that what the marina is for?? :wink: All we have aboard is cheetos and Pepsi. :lol: Fight? who said anything about fighting? that was last week. We are friends again. Thats a women thing!! :D :D Daphne lets terrorize Saguaro again soon!!
Deb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.