Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with my daughter again today at Saguaro.. Started out with a couple of Spook fish around 6:45AM and then one on a crank around 7:30AM.... Around 7:45AM as my daughter was eating her nutrious on the lake pop tart breakfast she asks me when the the guy comes to the lake and dumps buckets of shad in to feed all the Saguaro lake bass? She said they obviously have to eat something besides all the fake stuff we keep throwing at them every day or they would starve to death. So needless to say we had our father - daughter - bass talk and explain the life of Mr and Mrs Bass and all the little shad that live at Saguaro Lake. I think she understands now.

We decided to get off the lake at 11:15AM and went back to ramp #2 and tied up the boat at the dock and left my daughter with the boat.... She wanted to load it on the trailer but it was a little too windy for her i thought . She always launched loaded my last boat every time out. She does a great job launching and laoding...but hasn't loaded this boat on the trailer yet. Anyways I get the truck and trailer and get in line behind a guy getting ready to launch his pontoon boat. The guy was in his pontoon boat with his wife and they are messing around up there and I go around him and he starts yelling at me..... He says " hey buddy I am ready to launch my boat so get behind me. I apoligized and said just go around me I thought you were still prepping to launch. No problem. I apoligized again. He then proceeds to go around me and can't back his trailer down the ramp. After 3 attempts he is close. He is almost all the way down the ramp and the pontoon boat is 10 feet from entering the water....He now gets out of his truck and proceeds to unhook the boat from the winch, unhook the transom straps, get the wife and kids out of the truck. throws the lifevests, couple of bags of ice and bunch of other stuff into the boat. Then starts talking to some friends of his that are going out on the boat with them. By this time I am pissed. Not saying anything to him. Trying to stay calm. I walked by the guy after backing my trailer down the ramp and told him to look up the ramp there are 4 people trying to launch there boats. GET A CLUE!

I get my boat loaded and am pulling up the ramp and the guy is still there. My daughter says to me " Dad.... I'm 12 years old and I know what to do to launch a boat better than that guy!"

What the hell is wrong with some people? Do these people really not have a clue? Just ignorant or just genuinely as******!

Oh well, just had to vent a little...... all in all a pretty good time at the lake and my daughter informed me that she loves fishing more than school! :)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Hey Tadmo
I think I saw that guy at the ramp on sat if not it must have been his brother. Was he driving a hummer?
The one's that get to me is the guys that forget to undo there transom straps . They can't figure out why the boat won't come off the trailer. Some times it's just fun to watch these buttheads.
Sounds to me like you have a good fishing partner :D there do you think she can teach my wife how to drive my boat :mrgreen:

Joe C

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That must have been his brother on Saturday. This guy really did not have a clue I guess. My daughter has done really well in the past with launching the boat off the trailer and loading it back on the trailer at the end of the day. It sure saves me a little time when she can do that. I haven't let her load the new boat on the trailer yet. She assures me that she will be fine and she says she can do it better than most of the guys out there. I have to admit she embarrassed quite a few adults out on the lake when she would just drive right up on the trailer and trim the motor up and we were out of there while they were waist deep in the water struggling to get there boat on the trailer. Not bad for a 12 year old girl! And she's even a blonde!

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Hey Tadmo, that was a great story about your daughter. She sounds like a mature 12 year old. When my son was 12 years old he could unlaunch and launch my Ranger, but he was mature. His stepbrother was immature and could not. It sounds like your daughter has more common sense around a ramp than does that idiot. There was one guy who pulled his pickup truck and brand new 21-22 Nitro bass boat up to the ticket machine on ramp two, then proceded to move stuff around, unhook stuff, etc. He was there about 15 minutes when I got ticked off and backed down around him. He was blocking two lanes on the ramp and looked at me like I was the one being impolite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts