Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an early Christmas present toady about 10:00 this morning. My 14 1/2 yr. old daughter called old dad at work and asked If we could go fishing this afternoon. What a treat for me since she hardly ever sticks her head out of her room long enough to say hello :shock: So I left work early and we were on the lake by 3:00 in the afternoon and fished till dark. I did'nt care if I caught anything so we went spoonin for some yellows :) as l;uck would have it we ended up with 1 smallie about 2lbs. and 14 other largemouths between 1 and 5 lbs. her biggest being 3.2 lbs. :D
Also caught 12 nice size yellows that we plan on eatin for lunch tommorow :wink: So getting a lump of coal for Christmas this year aint no big deal ( I got my present earlly) :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
hey getthenet...
that was a pretty heartwarming story...its probably good to know that you're still "on her radar". nothing makes a father feel more special! glad to hear that your holiday season was made (and a pretty dang good day on the water too).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank everyone for the comments. Yea it was a special treat for me and the fishing was the best spoon bite I've ever had. On a down note my 17 year old son still thinks I'm an idiot :shock:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It must be a teanage boy thing. All 3 of mine(17,15,13) think I'm an idiot.

Congrats on the great day with your daughter.

SteveM

G

·
Batting 50% on teenagers isn't so bad. Great day on the lake with both your daughter and the fishing. Merry Christmas to all.

2Dogs

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Nice job on the water and nice story to go with it! Did you catch them anywhere near where we were on Friday?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Denny we found them at the first place you showed me and lips. at 35 to 45 ft.depth . And I would'nt say I'm at 50% with the teenagers either.....most days my daughter thinks I'm an idiot also :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts