AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 8:30AM-3:00PM. Tried spoons and dropshot early with no results. About 11:00 I started slinging a fluke real shallow on the flats and started to get some action. Boated 7 fish, most in the 1lb range, but I did manage one 3lb'r, lost a solid 4lb'r, and had a 5lb'r follow it up to the boat, so there are some good fish up shallow. Covered a lot of water and you would find a couple here and there, all were less than 5ft. Best of luck guys.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Turtle, I have to comment on the times you fished. I usually have good luck until 8:30am and then it's pretty boring and hot. Then my next prime time is 4pm till dark. Try fishing a different schedule and see if things improve. Spidey.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya do what ya do!

7 fish in the boat ain't too bad for mid afternoon at Saguaro, nevermind I missed almost the same amount, well maybe I should'nt admit that! I've been fishing nights for the past 2 months, thats why I forgot to put sunscreen on and got sunburned, LOL! I posted because I was surprised to find so many fish shallow, and it was a lot more fun than dragging around plastics all day, nothing like bass blowing up on a weightless jerkbaits! As far as times, I fish when I can. I work outside everyday so the heat does not bother me, if that is what your response was in reference too. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts