Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Justin my bro & I hit sag fri at 6:00 pm I got one right off the bat on a Don Ivinio popper . That was it fished til 12:00pm .
Sat morning got two across from the snags. Justin got 2 also.Best fish 4.2 top water popper.Bro got 1 late sat morning.
Got to meet spidey & Toad sat morning .

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Saguaro Saturday 9/27

I fished Saturday morning from 5:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and could only muster up 1 LMB around 3#. Fished topwater, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, Kastmasters, dropshots - nothing except 2 yellow bass on the Kastmaster. The LMB came on a Texas rigged plastic on the main lake. Got to meet Mrs. Spiderman (Cindy) and Spidey's granddaughters ( or 1 granddaughter and a friend - not sure). Slow day on the water for me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Fished with Sam today. Managed 3 dinks, 2 for him 1 for me. Got pretty frustrated today. Although plastics is my favorite way to fish I want to be able to catch something another way. Again this week I tried everything, spinners, poppers, .... nada. Seems it was slow for most though. (Now watch everyone report how good it was)
I got Monday off so we will be back out to try again. I'm sure we are going to tear them up.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Toad 4th week a row, winning skin.

As for our boat, Toad- one bass at 2 pounds on a spinner. On my end of the boat, nothing. That's 4 skunks in a row for me. Talked with Tempe Pops, Sam, Lone Ranger, and a couple of other fishermen, and things were sloooww. Pre-sun up, Toad was able to get a dink to hit his buzzbait, but no hook up. There were some surface bubbles, cant call them boils going on but they were too far away. Looked liked 1 and 2 pounders. Beautiful temperature for a morning fish.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Spidey, the sad thing is that I thought, "OK, I've only caught one bass, maybe I can catch a bluegill." Nada on the bluegill using my ultralight rod/reel with 4 lb. test and a splitshot trout size plastic worm. Then I tried for yellows and only caught 2. I tried some different patterns, locations, and lures, so I don't feel too bad. It will pay off sometime on another trip. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts