Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going out for a few hours last night with Jim and going way upriver we only boated a LM each. That current can be very, very strong...good thing we were in Jim's boat because that was just a little too much for "the little boat that couldn't".
So, this morning I never left the main lake. I boated 6 LM's. One dink on drop shot and the rest on a SPITZ (made by Bandit lures of Mississippi). The top 3 fish weighed 16lbs.12oz. (6.9, 6.5, and 3.14). I got blown up on another 7 times without connecting - that is to be expected fishing topwaters.
Beautiful day out - little sun out there and even felt a few raindrops on two occasions. Also, talked to Ken who continues target practice! :lol:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Great job

Great job Bayou. Can only hope Toad(Chuckle), Baxter, and I have as good as a time this weekend. See ya.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Oh sure! You can do that when none of us are around to see! :lol: Good for you! Congrats. Now you need to teach me how to ds! You know where Roni and I were last night at the end of the river? I actually got bit on my ds! Didn't get the hookset but he tried taking my worm off the hook! Next time! Next time I'll get him! :lol: Thanks again for the launch help!

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After the day Joe Owens had at Canyon today something tells me it WILL be a good weekend of fishing for you all. I'll be at work! :x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts