Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7:30 until about noon. We ended up with one LM. I've fished this lake 3 weeks in a row in deep water and I haven't caught a thing! I started cranking on deep ledges and ended up with a few nice fish that came out of about 10-15 of water. Two of the fish already have eggs! Spawn might come early this year! Good luck!

Rob

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
I'm confused by your report Skeeterbob. It doesn't take much these days! :D You said you "ended up with one LM" and then you said you cranked up "a few nice fish" out of 10-15 feet of water. Did you catch something other than LM or did you catch more than one LM?

And the spawn won't come early unless 62 degree water comes early. How'd you know they already have eggs?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Denny that's a good question, I should have been more clear. I was out last night and just before dark is when I caught the other two one about 5lbs and the other about 2lbs. I know they had eggs because I had a nice dinner of good eating cold water bass last night!!!!

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
so you ate a 5 pound bass ??? wow that takes balls to post that on this site........largemouth are to be caught and released, what do you think happened to all the big bass that pleasant used to have,,people like you is what happened.if you want to eat fish then fish for cats,whites,yellows and stripers...so please release your largemouth your only ruining it for people who fish for sport only..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately my friend I couldn't save the fish or I would have. Yes my balls are big!!! But please don't judge a book by it's cover, I haven't kept a large mouth bass since I guided at Bullfrog Marina on Lake Powell about 10 years ago!! And If I wanted to take one home to eat I WOULD I enjoy bass! I think you mean Roosevelt on "EVERYONE" taking BIG bass out of, that's why they have a slot in affect!

skeet

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I think he should do what he wants with his fish as long as they are not wasted. Beating up on someone the first day of the year :( As for Pleasant sure that has a little to do with it but My opinion is those Stripers. But I dont know "JACK"

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
slot king with pleasant it has to do more with people taking them home..i know of one taxidermist that did 300 skin mounts in one year of bass over 8 pounds that came off of pleasant..the stripers dont have much affect on pleasant bass like they had on mead.pleasant has more trees and brush for all preyfish to hide in.and in recent creel surveys the largemouth bass population is starting to improve.i dont mean to beat up on people but i do have my own opinion i would just like to see everybody in the future catch fish easier,i guess one fish does not hurt if it was already dead it happens ....have a happy new year

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a waste.

you said I think he should do what he wants with his fish as long as they are not wasted.[/quote]

dont you have a 8 and 11 pound bass hanging on your wall? what a waste.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's an idea. Why not have a forum devoted to "catch and release" only. It would satisfy that urge to throw people under the bus some have, and if you find yourself tasting LM at the dinner table you could get online and quickly get that beat up feeling again.
Don't slam guys who are not breaking any laws or rules but your own. Everyone has their own faults! Whats yours?

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
YEP!
Those two fish came 02,03 both less then a month from each of my Mother's death and my Grandfathers death. That alone makes them special to me. maybe a sign maybe not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Catch and Release Issues

I concur with preservation of the fish stocks via catch and release, however..... utilization of a fish caught fairly and in accordance with the laws of the state are solely the responsibility of the angler. If someone takes offense, they certainly have the right to voice their opinion, but should temper their opinion with reasonable expectations. An 11 and 8 pounder on the wall are great trophies and the author's rationale for his actions are certainly valid to him. But the comments just don't seem to be consistant. Just as the person's rationale for using the fish for dinner is valid for him.

No antagonism is intended in this post, but by criticisizing a post the result may be fewer quality posts

Tightlines

Fishfanatic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well said Fishfanatic! I practice catch and release and cringe at the thought of someone eating a 5 pounder but understand that they have the right to do so. It is not our place to beat people up for doing something that is well within their legal rights. Now if they take home 10 five pounders or are fishing without a license then we should back that bus up and run them over again just for good measure. :twisted: Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I agree with Excalibur and Fishnfanatic,and Slotking what do you mean you don't know me?Must I remind you who brought your boat back to the dock after your fast launch? :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you people cant think for the future can you.why do you think all you weekend fisherman get your asses handed to you most of the time your on the water,you guys are like a bunch of stripers, you eat your selfs out of house and home..ask any real pro angler what there opinion on the matter is .......thank you and good luck because you will need it in the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guest, I know many pro anglers and they would also cringe at the thought at eating a 5 pounder. But they would also agree that it is their right. I personally don't keep any fish(except the occasional Walleye) but actually encourage keeping smaller fish(Under 2 LBS). This will actually help the fisheries Produce larger bass thus ensuring the future of our Lunkers.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
2 years ago i was sight fishing around martinez lake area. and i watched 3 guys in float tubes flippen waterdogs around spawn beds and cat tails. that day i watched them only keep bass over 5 pounds and up they had 17 over 5 pounds the biggest bass they dropped a softball in her mouth and it went fall all the way to her gullet.every bass was full of eggs........do you guys think that had a affect on that fishery at all?????

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
why dont you grow some balls guest and post under a name..or say that to my face.iam not whining one bit i asked a simple question . because iam no fish bioligist ....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts