Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to spend a few hours on Saguaro this afternoon throwing swimbaits with my buddy Mike Jenkins. I got nailed by a big largemouth shortly after we started but she came loose. Mike was the man today. He caught two real nice bass that weighed 8.4, and a beast that weighed 11.14lbs. I have known Mike most of my life and he is a very good bass fisherman, but today was not only his first time using swimbaits, it was also his first time boating a bass over 7lbs. All three fish came off the main lake. Good luck.....Joe

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a great day Joe. Thats a shame she got off you'll get them next time.
Congrats to mike nice fish :mrgreen:

Joe C

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Nice job out there yesterday Joe! I need to update my Christmas list, what baits were you using? PM me if you want to.

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Type and size of swimbait

What we were using is actually two different swimbaits combined. We took the plastic floating heads off the 9'' Castaic trout baits and threw away the body. Than we cut the head off of some Osprey swimbaits and glued that body to the head of the Castaic lure. With the Osprey lures being thinner, you not only reduce the lures total weight, but the swimming action tail is a major improvement. We also changed the trebel hook that comes on the Castaic bait. For what it is worth, we also soaked the baits in Bang scent. I hope this helps.....Joe

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Wait'll my wife sees that description on my Xmas list! LOL

Thanks Joe!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Joe can you please give me your e-mail address I have a few questions to ask you... Lets talk Business :wink:

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey guys,

Went to Saguaro yesterday (12/21/03) from 11 AM to 4 PM. Threw my 9" swimbait til it snapped off!! (gotta good backlash that locked up on me. Flew like a rocket!!)

Anyway, I have been leaving a skunk-trail all over Saguaro and Apache. Hopefully this site will help me yield some good bass. Can't wait to catch a 4+ lb. smallie...

Doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doug I would stick with Apache for that 4+smallie, the smallies at Sag are few and far between they are there just not like up at Apache.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts