Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday afternoon we spent a couple of hours with swimbaits. We boated one 4lb bass and that was it, almost. Right at dark I had the biggest bass on a swimbait that I have ever seen, it was an absolute giant. As many of you know, we have been lucky enough to boat numerous bass over 13lbs, including two over 16lbs from Canyon Lake, but this was truly the biggest bass I have ever seen by far. She was unable to get completely out of the water, but just thrased and rolled on the surface several times, as well as making two hard deep pulls. At one point we had her about 8' from the boat on the surface, and she simply just blew the bait out somehow, and slowly swam off. She ate a 9'' Osprey, and had the entire bait down her throat. I sure wish you guy's could have seen that fish. Good luck.....Joe

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Awesome fish. Can you even guess on what it may have weighed?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Oh my!!!!!!!!! Just reading this post gets me excited....... Joe . You must still be shaking from that adreniline rush! I can't even imagine what I would do!!! Bayou.. the boats hooked up!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
congrats on hookin that toad atleast you got to see her. so where did you hook her at butcherjones??

·
Registered
302 Posts
Biggest bass ever????

Jiminy Crickets that must 'v' been fun Joe!

Hey, I was talking to my brother this week, and a guy he works with knows someone at AZ Game and Fish. Supposedly a week or so ago, they did some electro-shocking at Saguaro and shocked up a 28 lb. yes, 28 lb. LM!!

Have any of you guys heard anything about this?

DigDug

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey,

I laughed my arse off too!! But I'm just passing along the info. It's just word of mouth, but after Joe just described losing the biggest one he's ever seen, it sparked me into remembering that my bros. told me that this past weekend.

It's just hear-say, but who knows???

DigDug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saguaro Lake Bass

I really hate to speculate about how big she was. My opinion would simply be my best guess, I have never caught or seen a bass that big before. John, the gentleman that I was fishing with has caught largemouths as big as 18lbs 10 oz. from a private lake in California. He has also caught dozens of peacock bass in the 16-20lb range. As we were fighting her, he very calmly said that lady is as big as my California bass three times? I honestly do not know, but she was awesome. We came home through Fountain Hills so I could drop John off. Afterwords, I stopped in the Target parking lot and just started giggling, and yes, my legs were both shaking....Joe

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am sorry that you couldnt have caught it. When i lost a 10+ i threw up. I cant imagine loosing one that big. I would be so mad, id probly sink my boat. But if you think about it, if someone caught one that big out of one of our lakes, half the country would flock here to try to catch one, and our lakes would end up more crowded than they already are. The fishing would turn horible. California has many trophy lakes to spread out the traffic but we only have two that produce monsters. It would be bumper to bumper boat traffic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Way to go Joe!! Did you soak that Osprey in Kick'n Bass? I thought about changing out my Osprey body with the Castaic head. I'm all wound up now!!! That's it, I'm going to the garage for a head transplant for my swimbait. Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
28lbs????????????

I work for the Game and Fish. Where do you get these rediculous stories? Your friend made it up, that's where.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't see where his friend claimed 28 lbs. could have been a typo that has been corrected since the original post. or maybe you misread 18 as 28.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got it from DigDug

This is where I got it.......

"Hey, I was talking to my brother this week, and a guy he works with knows someone at AZ Game and Fish. Supposedly a week or so ago, they did some electro-shocking at Saguaro and shocked up a 28 lb. yes, 28 lb. LM!!

Have any of you guys heard anything about this?

DigDug"

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
i heard that bass pro shops has a largemouth in captivity that is like 25 or 26 pounds and i think they called a f-1 serious. has any body heard this or has seen the bass????....I think that its possible for saguaro to have bass in the lower 20-22 lb range but a 28 pounder i dont know about that. but i sure hope its true

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know, I always like to believe there is a fish that big out there. Otherwise I wouldn't have as much modivation to spend all that money and time out on the water :p There sure is a lot of water out there for one to hide in...you never know :wink:

-Dave King

1 - 20 of 26 Posts