Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my five year old son Austin with me today. We had a blast. we took some waterdogs and minnows and still caught nada. But he learned to dropshot, cast, drive the boat, and search the shoreline for wild animal activity (binoculars). sandwiches and sodas in Butcher Jones to finish the day. I only touched my pole one time. Man was that restraint or what. It was all about the little guy today.
Talk to some other people on the water today and they all struggled too.
I'm going to take another day off on Friday and maybe head to Bartlett.
Tightlines......Matt

G

·
Rookieboy,
friend of mine and me are going to be out at Bartlett on Friday all day, you see us come by and BS. I will be in my 17ft Tracker with a 60 merc and no front trolling motor seat.

Flippin Stick

G

·
Austin

That is so cool, was this his first time running the boat? I remember taking Dustin out like that, now the kid outfishes me, and eats everthing on the boat.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Didn't see you out there today Matt, but Skirts and I moved around more than usual. Started between the marina and ranger station, north shoreline and into Butcher Jones, back across from Bagley, then just east of Mesquite, Snags and last the north cove just as you come back into the main lake. Sorry we missed you guys.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daphne- Sorry we missed you out there today! We were looking. We found two guys in Mesquite flats area that were disappointed in their efforts. I was disappointed that it wasn't you and skirts.

Flippin stick- I hope to see you out there!! I hope you get on fish so you can help me out!!!

Joe- Yep, that was my boy's first time behind the wheel! he did an awesome job! He ate a lot too! Cheetos, sandwich, rootbeer, my pretzels, Gogurts, and cheese sticks! Good Lord!, the kid only weighs 54 pounds, where does he put it all ?
He was soooo brave today. He only wanted to go medium speed in the boat. The waves/wake truly scared him, but he said nothing. When I opened the motor up (he was sitting on the floor holding my leg) he just smiled. I almost cried because he was trying so hard to like what I love to do and that was fish!!
He had a fun day, but declined on the next trip. He'll be back when it's a little warmer outside. I'll have my Nephew Jake with me next time. That kid is biting at the bit to get on the water!!
Lord, thank you for providing me the opportunity to enjoy the things you created and the opportunity for me to share them with others. Tightlines....
Matt

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Do you think Austin was hanging on to your leg because he has read the posts about your back seat skipping skills. I bet he is thinking you want him to be just like you, Skipping Champion of Saguaro. It's great to fish with kids. Priceless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.