Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NedO2? Bayou? Ranger? Didn't see anyone I knew on the water Monday. :(

Had a good day Monday. Skipped the frosty morning and got to the lake at 9am, from 10 to 12:30 I got on a spoon bite in the main lake and boated a dozen LM and 35 or so yellow bass. 6 of the 12 LMs were over 4lbs, 4 of those were 5 to 5.5 lbs. Tried to find the same pattern in other areas of the lake with no success, just some yellows. Ended up playing with some rats chasing topwater and caught 8 baby bass in the 8 to 10 inch range. Off the water at 5pm.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Wow! Great day on the lake. Congrats. Sounds like you had a great time. I am heading out round 1:00 today . Do you have the GPS coordinates of where you caught all those fish? :) Oh yea and the spoon you were using? Just kidding! Congrats again.

G

·
See Denny...none of us show up and yuo catcha ton of fish! Come to think of it when we do show up you still catch a ton of fish! :oops:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Great day Denny! I got up and went outside then decided the bed was too warm and toasty to neglect so I spent some more quality time my pillow. Maybe next week. I will be camping at Bartlett this friday night..Brrrrrr.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Hi Denny, fantastic day out on the water for you on Monday. It's good to know that if you hit it right, there are bass to be had. Congrats on your great catch! 8)

G

·
hey da,

When you get on spoon bites, do you drive around looking for fish on your fishfinder and then try spooning if you see some? Also, if you can spare the info, how far of shore and depth to you usually find these areas? I recently just got a fishfinder for my rig and have been trying to locate fish and then spoon for them but it hasn't worked for me yet! Thanks

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Wow! Great day and the yellows are back!

I wish I could have been out there with you. I had to make up for missing two weeks of class. I'm totally jazzed though. I took 4 chapter quizzes and assignments and only have to worry about the final exam this Monday. This should be a total cake walk!

Man, I miss fishing the MMBC!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
DA sounds like a good day. Monday nights are my first day back to work so I stayed up late on Sunday and then slept in and did'nt get up in time to fish any in the afternoon, before the wife gets home from work. Now that it is getting colder I think I'll sleep in and start heading out at around 11:00 or noon.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Good Job d a ! Man, I miss you guys! :cry: My new position is cramping my fishing style. I'll be on Roosevelt Friday AM. If you see a fat guy skipping across the lake by Windyhill, that's me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts