Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 0430 to 1030, managed 2 bass 1 on a hard jerk bait Bayou gave me and 1 on a c-rig by the ramp, 1st bass was caught out of a boil(2.9 and 2.0)got to fish with Skunked and Jim?and Bayou and da &sdm(thanks for the donuts). bass were boiling pretty steadily until around 0900 then it became more sporadic. water temp 89 degrees and lots of shad being pursued by lots of bass, some pretty darn big ones too!had a great time with everyone though Sdm Kept telling da to Quit whimpering,lol but thats da's story. Oh and a bunch of yellows and about a 6lb catfish all on blade baits and Kastmasters.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Good to fish with everyone this morning. :D Spooned a bunch of yellows (including some nice slabs in the mix) and a couple of channel cats (oh boy) :x . Not until I started throwing the jerk into the boils was I pulling LM's. 8) I only boated 2 that way and lost a couple of other ones while they displayed their acrobatic abilities. :cry: Hunting for those boils is exciting. You could see there were pigs in those feeding frenzies. I watched Ray (Rico Suave :lol: ) hammering fish in the frenzies on a Rico! WTG on the smallmouth, SDM!

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Good job you guys! topwater seems to be starting early this year. My memory is foggy, but the topwater really didn't start until September last year. Maybe I'm wrong? I remember throwing assasins and watching d a slaughter them on buzzbaits North of Shiprock. You could hear d a holler all the way up the lake where we were in the snags. :p Also, Ken would have his killer assasin rig set up and could cast that thing a mile! By the time you got within casting distance of a boil on your rig, Ken had three in the boat! It's must be good to be the king! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Beginners luck

Had a good time on the water yesterday with Ray (skunked). My first time bass fishing reaped a one pound yellow. Hope Jack sends Ray the photo. Now I can finally understand Bass-speak (jig, spoon, etc...) without feeling like an idiot! Took a spin out to thong beach at the end of the day and spotted a wild thong. Someone had already caught it though. Trolled by the sunbathers on the way out. THANK YOU!!!! Took 3 yellows home to the sister in law to fry up in the pan. Not bad. Can't wait to go out again when it cools off a bit. Will take Ray to Wet Beaver Creek soon and try for Browns back by the gauging station. Thanks for the fun. Jim. :D :D

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
It was a great morning on the water fishing with Sir Donut Man in the backseat, and fishing next to NedO2, Bayou, and Skunked and friend. Fishwrestler? Where were you? We boated over 50 fish Monday morning, mostly monkey bass but 2 large channel cats, 3 LM, and 1 SM. We caught them on Cicadas, Kastmasters and KSWs all in 20 to 32 feet. The cats went 4 and 8 lbs, the biggest LM was just over 3lbs, the smallie was 14 inches. Jack and I got to practice the "hook removal from humans" technique on my finger after a big yellow planted a Cicada hook there. Thanks for the help Jack and thanks for the first aid kit supplies too. I did lose a toad on a borrowed drop-shot rig when it broke off. My fault SDM, not your rig.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
SDM, d a, Bayou and Ned02, it was great to see you again. I gotta find a job up there - a 20 minute drive would be much better than 2 hrs, 10 miutes... Yes, there is a reason it's called THONG beach... And a big THANK YOU, for the 3 lady's at the no wake buoy's. :shock: :eek: :p I think I'll be fishing the river much more in the future... Caught some LM's on a Rico and one on d-shot. had a few yellows but most of them were snagged in the face or in the gills... I think my bud Jim has a new name...PETA!!! People for Eating Tasty Animals! :lol:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Da you are welcome,I am hoping not to need to use that technique on myself though!You were very brave a few whimpers and a lollipop and he was good to go! :p lol, Ray it was good seeing you and Jim I am sending the pic now.

G

·
Sorry d a I was still in San Diego. For some reason I just couldnt leave. :? Went fishing there though and boated 1 halibut. It was a very slow day but it beat working. Great weather! But I will definatly be at Saguaro on Monday at 5am. I will be the guy in the cowboy hat in the smoker craft boat with the southwest airlines sticker on the side. To answer your question back from a while ago... I dont personally know JohnSWA but my dad works with him and knows who he is. So if JohnSWA is out there and you know Mark Smith let me know. I am his son Mike. Glad to hear you slayed them d a. Hope I can do the same on Monday. See you then. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts