Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the pleasure of fishing Sag this morning with Ned02 and had a great time. Fished 6:30-12:00. There was a light breeze and it was a balmy 26 when we launched. Started off throwing swimbaits aroung the piers to get our blood flowing. When it was light enough, we headed to the back of the lake. Jack picked up a 2lb LM on a crank . We then headed up the river in search of shad. Didn't find any. We did get into some yellows and managed to catch probably a dozen between the 2 of us. Jack then picked up another fat 2lb LM while reeling in his spoon for us to leave. Jack also caught what looked like a yellow pearch. Ran into Da at the ramp on the way out. Hope he had a better afternoon.

For anyone who was out and missed us, sorry.

Thanks again to Jack.

SteveM

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
It was fun fishing with you ,I wish we could have found a few more LM though. Tried the ol coffee cup overboard fast turn but Steve was ready for it and just netted the cup.Da it was good seeing you again and you too Mike and Sam.

G

·
yellow perch?

Wow, I've never seen a yellow perch in these lakes. How certain are you that is what it was? I am curious because they are a fun fish to catch in their own right.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Well we know it was not a Yellow bass though it was yellow.It had brownish vertical stripes and was shaped a little differently.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've caught one of those perch this year. I used to catch them back in PA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts